Back in Business

For the discussion of general affairs of the site or whatever you want to talk about. No really, talk about anything you like.

Re: Back in Business

Postby Lupis on Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:22 pm

This is probably because they're still in the process of coming back. The old forum went down, and everything clearly isn't back up here as of yet. However, it'll likely be coming as soon as it can.

So don't worry! It'll all be up again, and all will be explained soon enough!
Until shade is gone, until water is dust, into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the last day.

-RIP Robert Jordan
Lupis
Shifter Shaman
Shifter Shaman

Postby Gorble on Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:38 pm

Sorry the races haven't been reposted. As you might not know we lost the server and as such the data that was on it is having to be recompiled and posted. Mostly by our busy hostess, SM. Of course since your first character has to be human that does limit what you have to worry about. A stat of three is considered 'average joe' I believe other than that you don't get any powers though you may have mundane talents such as "green thumb" or 'photographic memory". Unless of course you wanted your character Veil aware. Anything else should be able to be sorted out in the character workshop sub forum in the Tales of Shade City rp section, which is where they are often supposed to be posted first for critique. In the previous incarnation at least two previously approved players had to approve of your character before you were to place it into submissions.
"Why do angels always look like that?"
-Room mate
"God isn't very inventive."
-Me
Gorble
Queen of Darkness
Queen of Darkness

Postby Tsureai on Sat May 03, 2008 8:55 am

Yeah. Everything is coming back online slowly. There were dozens of individual settings and threads that need to be rebuilt. World background, settings, events...

Ghhha! So much to redo!
Que miras, cuando la luz se va?
Tsureai
Daughter of the DarkStar
Daughter of the DarkStar

Postby Eidolon on Tue May 06, 2008 12:22 am

Good to have the forums back, nonetheless. Long time, no play! Now to get my character back up...
My Characters
Erick
Eidolon
Shadow Shifter
Shadow Shifter

Postby Eagle101 on Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:02 am

Anyone tried the wayback machine? http://www.archive.org/index.php

Also, could someone please post the url of the old forum? If it is on there, it would be great to be able to read through the old RP (and that way even newbies will know where everything is at).
Did you want a witty comment?
If you want faster communication than the forums PM system, my MSN handle is lordravens (at) gmail (dot) com
Eagle101
Shadow Shifter
Shadow Shifter

Postby ShadowsMyst on Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:18 am

The old database exploded. Unfortunately archive.org doesn't tend to index dynamic URLs ( like that from forums. Trust me, I've tried.) If I could have the old forums back, they would be here, but unfortunately I can't do a thing about it since the harddrive with the forum DB on it completely fried.

So we have to start from scratch. :/
ShadowsMyst
Shifters Creator & Admin
Shifters Creator & Admin

Previous

Return to Open forum