Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays

For the discussion of general affairs of the site or whatever you want to talk about. No really, talk about anything you like.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays

Postby ShadowsMyst on Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:43 pm

Just wishing everyone a very happy ho ho and hope they had a wonderful day.
ShadowsMyst
Shifters Creator & Admin
Shifters Creator & Admin

Re: Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays

Postby Talexis on Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:20 pm

Hope you had a wonderful day as well! Only a few more days until the year the Mayans decided to stop marking their calender at =p
I'd like to think they just got bored of it all. Counting numbers can only be so fun...
Talexis
Shifting Adept
Shifting Adept

Postby Suicidal Lady on Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:49 am

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I hope your holidays were/are filled with family members and good times!

Btw, if anyone has any doomsday 2012 questions involving astronomy: the asteroid Apophis, Betelgeuse going supernova, etc; feel free to ask me, resident astro major, about them. I can guarantee you I have had each one of the big' uns covered at sometime within my astro classes because our teachers wanted us to be able to inform the general populous :)
~Reach for the moon, because if you miss, at least you'll be among the stars.
If this sig looks blue to you, you are moving towards your screen to fast
*Physics humor, couldn't help myself*
Suicidal Lady
Shifting Champion
Shifting Champion

Postby Daggertooth on Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:33 pm

Merry Belated Christmas everyone.

Anyone get anything good?

I got Skyrim and Starcraft 2....which means I have to buy a computer. My siblings did that one on purpose. :facepalm: :lol: :P

Good time with the family. Been getting harder and harder to have all of us in the same place nowadays.

@ Suicide Lady;

So which 2012 doomsday is the correct one? I've got my money split on the 2012 Mayan prediction and a Nuclear Holocaust....with a side bet on the Hadron Collider for good measure.
Daggertooth
Shifting Adept
Shifting Adept

Postby Suicidal Lady on Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:41 am

I am pleased with my Christmas. Got the last Eragon book, a better scroll thingyjigger to hold my cross-stitch project, and a Wacom Bamboo tablet. I so wasn't expecting the last one, cause I just mentioned almost a year and a half ago that I wished I had I tablet to my mother, and she got me the exact one I had been looking at!

As for doomsday theories, I am personally hoping the coming of Gochihr is actually the correct one. Seems a lost nicer then most apocalypses.

Five Most Kick-Ass Apocalyptic Prophecies
http://www.cracked.com/article_14977_the-5-most-kick-ass-apocalyptic-prophecies_p2.html

And whose to say the date has to be accurate? In astro terms, a single date in time is completely insignificant. If the event happens in +- 1000 years, it basically happened on the predicted date in terms of astro time.

But whose to say we will even see it coming? There are some pretty epic ways to go out that we wouldn't even see.
http://www.cracked.com/article_16817_5-cosmic-events-that-could-kill-you-before-lunch.html

^Cracked, making science and facts fun to read for once.
Edit: There is another Cracked article about pretty much the same thing but with 7 events, but as an astronomer I am a little unhappy with the way they portrayed galactic mergers and how they would effect our sun. They also fail to mention that by the time we merge, Earth will already be uninhabitable anyways because of a 1% increase in our suns luminosity causing our planet to heat up too much, so who cares if the sun is flung out of our galaxy?
~Reach for the moon, because if you miss, at least you'll be among the stars.
If this sig looks blue to you, you are moving towards your screen to fast
*Physics humor, couldn't help myself*
Suicidal Lady
Shifting Champion
Shifting Champion

Return to Open forum