Psychology

For the discussion of general affairs of the site or whatever you want to talk about. No really, talk about anything you like.

Psychology

Postby Bubbanator505 on Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:34 am

So yeah I just wrote a thesis about my findings. As you know I have been exaggeratedly active since I got here and have always been on. This was due to have my watch and see. This psychology was to test how people interact with the inability to show nonverbal communication (emotion, gestures, etc). These are my findings. I will tell you the average of the 3 forums that I have used as Ginny Pigs. They were all near dead, inactive, and slow. Here are my findings:

Test 1 Energy leaching: When I first came into this and other forums I wanted to see what it would take to revive them. The answer? You need just 1 hyperactive person to feed the other members the energy. What does it mean? New consistent blood feeds off the energy that is needed to have a thriving community. Admit it guys. I got you going again when I harassed you all to join the RPG. Even better I harassed Gorble and SM to high hell to get a look at my character. It payed off in the long run hasn't it? This forum scored 1st place.

Test 2 Accepting abuse: Ok first off I want to apologize to Mystique for using her as my scapegoat. It was wrong and I never will do the chain whipping thing again. But it was a test that sadly only you guys in this very forum passed. So pat yourselves all in the back because in my eyes you guys are more human. In the other forums they were actually encouraging me to whip the girl :shock:. Someone actually said they would whip her with his meat stick (ew) and it just got plain degrading and nasty. This is one test I will never do again. This forum scored first place.

Test 3 Lie detector: Ok first off this requires another apology. Sorry Suicidal Lady but I did lie about the canon for Skyrim. Without a lack of nonverbal communication it is actually easier to lie to someone. You cannot take the subtle cues that makes your head scream bullshit! You guys let me go on for a bit and people accepted what I said to be canon as true until Lunaticked said "wait a minute show me the proof". With that you called my bluff and made this forum score second place on this category.

Those were the 3 main ones that I was analyzing. Now I can understand that you all are probably are mad at me. I respected you all too much to let this go without telling you about it. I am sorry for putting certain people through hardships. I wanted to tell you guys I wanted to do tests, but it would have tainted the results. So in a certain note congrats on being the best test subjects in my group. You do not have to worry about any exams for now.

I am glad to be part of this forum. 8-)
Bubbanator505
Shifting Adept
Shifting Adept

Re: Psychology

Postby Daggertooth on Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:20 am

So are you now testing to see what response you will get by this revelation? Is there any real reason for you to do this, beyond just messing with people?

Don't think your definition of this forum being "Dead, inactive, and slow" is accurate. Slow, perhaps, depending on what temporal scale you which to press, but this community has been steady and consistent with the same players for years. I know that Gorble and Tsureai have been here since the old forums, as far back as 2002 when I was first introduced to this site (+ or - a year or two? Memory's fuzzy). Sure it has slowed down since the old forum crashed and since the hiatus, but there is a steady revival as people realize the redoux is going strong. My point is that this is an old community, tight nit and stable.

I haven't interacted with you, I'm mostly a lurker to this community, but if you're now testing our response to this revelation know that I personally don't look favorably to being played with.
Daggertooth
Shifting Adept
Shifting Adept

Postby Bubbanator505 on Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:30 pm

Error in translation. I am from Mexico so english is not my native language. I took 1 slow, 1 inactive and 1 dead forum in my test. This was considered the "slow" one in the test.

And no this is not about the reactions from the rest of you. It is about respect. I know that I was an asshole to perform these examinations in the first place on you, but to progress in psychology you need to learn to manipulate people. That's what psychologists do in the long run. They manipulate you into being a better person. At least this test did not involve testing peoples humanity like on of my classmates. It involved the electric shock therapy. Ill tell you more on the other psychological tests.

This is more about respect to you guys. I could have been an even bigger asshole by not telling you guys what was happening. I also wanted to show you this so that you know how easy it is to get negatively manipulated by sources that lack nonverbal communication (i.e. internet). But most of all it is an apology to the people that got hurt the most in the tests (SuicidalLady, Mystique). It is also a promise that I wont involve you guys in a psychological test again without telling you guys beforehand.
Bubbanator505
Shifting Adept
Shifting Adept

Postby Lunaticked on Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:12 pm

Bubbanator505 wrote:And no this is not about the reactions from the rest of you. It is about respect. I know that I was an asshole to perform these examinations in the first place on you, but to progress in psychology you need to learn to manipulate people. That's what psychologists do in the long run. They manipulate you into being a better person.

You don't know a fucking thing about psychology. You say you're doing some kind of thesis on all of us? What kind of clown college would allow this? Maybe first year, where they're just trying to see if you have any potential to do the real thing once you have some proper education, but not a proper thesis.

What are your measures? Where are your datasets? How do you analyze any of this objectively? There's nothing to quantify. How are your poor English and fractured grammar taken into account?

Signed,

A man with an honors degree in psychology, and a published paper.
Lunaticked
Shifter Darkly
Shifter Darkly

Return to Open forum