anyone have tips on writing scripts for comics?

For the discussion of general affairs of the site or whatever you want to talk about. No really, talk about anything you like.

anyone have tips on writing scripts for comics?

Postby artguy50 on Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:40 pm

i be trying to write out a script for this webcomic im making with a friend and i have planned all of the arcs out but i cant seem to write out the diloge or the scenes for any of it. can someone help me out?
"There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance."--Socrates

The purpose of morality is to teach you, not to suffer and die, but to enjoy yourself and live.--ayn rand
artguy50
Shifter Elite
Shifter Elite

Re: anyone have tips on writing scripts for comics?

Postby Sterling on Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:08 pm

Unfortunately my own talents are with writing traditional stories, not sequential art.

However I might suggest that you write out the entire story as you have it, then see about adapting and distilling that into a visual-oriented media format.

Lady Myst? Any suggestions?
~
Sterling

"Naive wishing for peace is the surest possible way to invite an aggressor."
Sterling
Shifter Darkly
Shifter Darkly

Postby artguy50 on Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:23 pm

Sterling wrote:Unfortunately my own talents are with writing traditional stories, not sequential art.

However I might suggest that you write out the entire story as you have it, then see about adapting and distilling that into a visual-oriented media format.

as im I, I mostly write short storys and characters for my friends webcomics

The purpose of morality is to teach you, not to suffer and die, but to enjoy yourself and live.--ayn rand
artguy50
Shifter Elite
Shifter Elite

Postby artguy50 on Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:03 pm

how do you write out your stores

artguy50
Shifter Elite
Shifter Elite

Postby Jae87 on Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:26 am

I divide up a piece of paper into up to 9 sections (depending on how small I'm willing to go) and draw out the storyboards for each page, rather than trying to script the comic with words. Make sure you read any dialogue out loud to make sure it seems natural, and remember that a good story will make up for less-than-perfect artwork.
--Jae

First, click this link to give me Shifter-Coins.

Then, feel free to read the first two chapters of my book, Blood Moon: The Blue Vampire, by clicking here.
You can also visit the grave of my old webcomic, Linnyanie, or the wasteland of my DeviantArt page.
Jae87
Shifting Adept
Shifting Adept

Postby artguy50 on Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:44 am

Jae87 wrote:I divide up a piece of paper into up to 9 sections (depending on how small I'm willing to go) and draw out the storyboards for each page, rather than trying to script the comic with words. Make sure you read any dialogue out loud to make sure it seems natural, and remember that a good story will make up for less-than-perfect artwork.

thank you

artguy50
Shifter Elite
Shifter Elite

Return to Open forum