Unexpected Adventure

For the discussion of general affairs of the site or whatever you want to talk about. No really, talk about anything you like.

Unexpected Adventure

Postby Suicidal Lady on Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:15 pm

So, starting Monday night, 'round 10 p.m., I started having pains in my lower abdomen. Took some painkillers, didn't help, but I otherwise ignored it. Being a girl, stomach abdominal pain is nothing new and entirely tolerable, even if it felt like stabbing knives. Next morning, it was still there, but I ignored it and went to classes as usual. I got to my second class, and all of a sudden got super dizzy. I sat down and just started breathing deeply to not throw up, and then started sweating so badly I could see rivers of sweat running off my knees and my clothes were soaked through. I laid down on my desk, and completely soaked my notebook with sweat (the pages I was on are kinda ruined now). I then proceeded to pass out.

Well, one of my friends poked me thinking I was just feeling a bit ill and I woke up, so I went over to Campus Health, who proceeded to send me to the University Medical Center Emergency Room. Spent 4 1/3 hours there (interestingly enough I was actually a level 2 classified health risk, which includes heart problems and abdominal pain. Only people who are ranked a higher priority are the openly dying ones). I also was only ranked that 'cause I had a heart rate of 140. They then proceeded to take ever kind of scan IMAGINABLE of my innards, only to go from saying I have appendicitis or a ruptured ovarian cyst to blood clots to heart problems to "Well, were not sure what happened, but we will put you on 24 hour observation to make sure you don't die and let you go". I then spent 8 hours in a hallway waiting for a room, then got a room and was ignored by my nurse and left to get super dehydrated if not for my Arizona Mom (best friends mom) who came to my rescue and made sure I wasn't getting neglected. In the end, after 48 hours over 3 days, they said "Probably was a ruptured cyst, we can't tell. Your heart rate is still at 100 but won't kill you, so you get to go home."

And this was aaaall during midterms week. Lovely. Anyways, currently I am headed home to Seattle continue this adventure, since my heartrate is back up to 120 constantly. Booh. In good news, they DID find that I have excellent blood pressure, blood oxygen levels, and I am blood clot free and have NO suspicious lumps, dark spots, etc. on my innards and am not noticeably bleeding internally, though I MAY be slightly bleeding internally near my appendix/ovaries.

I also now have so many needle marks on my arms from all the blood draws I look like a drug addict. So, while I don't think this is any cause for concern, If I drop of the face of the forum forever, it maaay be more serious then I thought. I'm just hoping the meds I'm on right now are what is screwing up my insides, and I can switch them and be done with all this stupidness.
~Reach for the moon, because if you miss, at least you'll be among the stars.
If this sig looks blue to you, you are moving towards your screen to fast
*Physics humor, couldn't help myself*
Suicidal Lady
Shifting Champion
Shifting Champion

Re: Unexpected Adventure

Postby Sterling on Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:26 pm

Hey.

Don't die.

That'd suck.
~
Sterling

"Naive wishing for peace is the surest possible way to invite an aggressor."
Sterling
Shifter Darkly
Shifter Darkly

Postby Lunaticked on Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:45 pm

I am also in the 'don't die' camp. We cannot stand to lose a potential astronomer!
Lunaticked
Shifter Darkly
Shifter Darkly

Postby Lupis on Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:07 pm

Yes. Please don't die.

I know that this thread is titled "Unexpected Adventure," but don't follow Peter Pan's route, namely that "To die would be a great adventure." In fact, I'm going to put you on an anti-adventure diet. No adventures for you for at least four to six weeks.

...I'm certain that most of this post is simply sleep deprivation talking.
Until shade is gone, until water is dust, into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the last day.

-RIP Robert Jordan
Lupis
Shifter Shaman
Shifter Shaman

Postby Anthius on Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:58 pm

I'm in agreement with everyone else.

Please don't die. You still have to become a doctor and all that.
And then the Archangel Anthius spoke to them saying, “Fear shall be vanquished by the Sword of Faith.”
Anthius
Shifting Adept
Shifting Adept

Postby Daggertooth on Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:34 pm

You still with us Suicide_lady? Profile says you checked in today...so that implies some sort of survivability. Take it easy, those symptoms don't sound very normal.

I wouldn't trust university medicine either. I had some stomach issues a year ago or so. I had been watching a show called "monsters inside me" about parasites, and thought that it might be possible that I brought back something from my trip to Borneo five years back...symptoms seemed similar to some uncomfortable suffering back then. So I took a whole bunch of tests to see what was wrong. All my tests came back negative and surprisingly healthy. I mean we're talking even with my ramen noodle diet my tests came back healthy. So what did the Doctor say:

1) He can prescribe random pills anyway. Even though nothing was found, these powerful pills will kill anything that "might" be in there.

2) Go downtown to the main hospital for a second opinion.

3) I'm dying. Seriously, he said I might have a horrible and 100% fatal incurable disease. One that I know is impossible to me to have. But he still suggested that I go get a very expensive test to see if I had the disease. That from a complete bill of health. O_o

I chose door number 2.
Daggertooth
Shifting Adept
Shifting Adept

Postby Suicidal Lady on Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:24 pm

Myup still alive, though still messed up.

I have an appointment to go see a cardiologist to try and figure out what's up. Heart rate is staying at 100-120, which is still no good, and can get up to 164 without a whole lot of effort on my part to make it get there. One thing my general doctor suggested is I *might* have an extra nerve in my heart that short circuits the whole nerve impulse thingy and makes it hyperactive when it shouldn't be. Which would indicate that my heart problem was there to begin with and the whole abdomen which still kinda hurts was a cyst and it ruptured which triggered my heart to freak out on me when the rest of my body was like OMG OVARIES EXPLODING.

So ya, in short, wtf.

And I still have to take my damn midterms, uhg.
~Reach for the moon, because if you miss, at least you'll be among the stars.
If this sig looks blue to you, you are moving towards your screen to fast
*Physics humor, couldn't help myself*
Suicidal Lady
Shifting Champion
Shifting Champion

Postby Sterling on Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:10 am

Isn't being female wonderful...
:P
~
Sterling

"Naive wishing for peace is the surest possible way to invite an aggressor."