where can i find a good sources for spiritual magic

For the discussion of general affairs of the site or whatever you want to talk about. No really, talk about anything you like.

where can i find a good sources for spiritual magic

Postby artguy50 on Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:34 pm

i've be working my comic's forms of magic and how it works but i cant think of any way to work spiritual magic into it. im trying to find info on shamanic or spirit based forms of magic but cant find mush? can someone give me some insight to it or point me in the right direction a few things.

what is it as a whole?

how its differant to other forms of magic?

how does one come to possess this magic?
"There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance."--Socrates

The purpose of morality is to teach you, not to suffer and die, but to enjoy yourself and live.--ayn rand
artguy50
Shifter Elite
Shifter Elite

Re: where can i find a good sources for spiritual magic

Postby Daggertooth on Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:03 pm

I'm no artist and can't really help you. But, since magic doesn't really exist, couldn't you make up whatever you want and call it spiritual magic? Make your own defining style and say that in your world spiritual magic works in "this" specific way?

I suppose if I think of other web comics and themes, spiritual magic often trys to portray itself as wild and untamed. Lots of wisps of clouds or tendrils of vines, lots of blur and shadows bending and curving around. Maybe surrounding the caster, hugging the caster, representing working together....harmony with nature.

As opposed to arcane which is often depicted as solid, structured, rigid, typically with symbols that look like they could represent something.
Daggertooth
Shifting Adept
Shifting Adept

Re: where can i find a good sources for spiritual magic

Postby artguy50 on Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:18 pm

i'm mostly the writer of it, i don't think my art is even close enough to make a comic on my own, i mostly have every than else done and with its own twist but i normal like to research somehow it to have an some understanding before putting a spin on it.

and thank u for your input
"There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance."--Socrates

The purpose of morality is to teach you, not to suffer and die, but to enjoy yourself and live.--ayn rand
artguy50
Shifter Elite
Shifter Elite

Return to Open forum