Summer slow down

For the discussion of general affairs of the site or whatever you want to talk about. No really, talk about anything you like.

Re: Summer slow down

Postby Talexis on Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:18 pm

Interning at a small production house nearby my uni. Also, learning how to cook real food for myself. It's kinda working. On the plus side I've found myself to be losing weight.
Talexis
Shifting Adept
Shifting Adept

Postby Jae87 on Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:21 am

It's July already.. When did that happen? The thread title says it all: "Summer, slow down!!!"

I've already gone to Cape Cod for the beach, and am going to the Zelda - Symphony of the Goddess concert at the end of this month, but besides there's not much left of my summer, which makes me sad D:
--Jae

First, click this link to give me Shifter-Coins.

Then, feel free to read the first two chapters of my book, Blood Moon: The Blue Vampire, by clicking here.
You can also visit the grave of my old webcomic, Linnyanie, or the wasteland of my DeviantArt page.
Jae87
Shifting Adept
Shifting Adept

Postby Talexis on Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:53 pm

As in the one in Philly? :U GASP SOMEONE LIVES NEARBY ME.
I was thinking about going for it, but I'm not sure I have the money for it, even though $35 isn't much for an amazing concert. I'm only 30 minutes out from the city too...Hmm..
Talexis
Shifting Adept
Shifting Adept

Postby Jae87 on Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:38 pm

D: Sorry, I'm going to the one in VA. Still not too far from you though, I suppose. It's only $20 where I'm going (for lawn tickets), so that's a REALLY good deal for an amazing concert ^__^
--Jae

First, click this link to give me Shifter-Coins.

Then, feel free to read the first two chapters of my book, Blood Moon: The Blue Vampire, by clicking here.
You can also visit the grave of my old webcomic, Linnyanie, or the wasteland of my DeviantArt page.
Jae87
Shifting Adept
Shifting Adept

Postby Talexis on Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:16 am

Well, we're both on the East Coast, that's a start :p
Agreed on that concert deal. :)
Talexis
Shifting Adept
Shifting Adept

Postby Daggertooth on Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:14 am

Well I'm off on another standard seasonal job. I'm currently doing an inventory of the rangelands of Idaho. Basically I travel all over southern Idaho, visiting random points, and count the plants there. Some sites are beautiful examples of rangeland while others are fairly beat up. Over all, I get to travel a bit and see lots of country.

The work is 8 days on 6 days off, and it didn't make any sense in keeping an appartment for every other week, so I've gone homeless for the summer....as I typically do. That means that on my days off I just go hiking, camping, and fishing. I just finished hiking the tallest mountain in Idaho and put in hours of fishing. Didn't catch much, but a carp and small mouth bass fed me for a good three days. So fun all around.

My bad for not telling anyone about my hiatus, but really it is a seasonal thing for me. I've never had a permanent job and have been doing seasonal randomness since 1996. It is fun, and I have seen the word with it. Good times.
Daggertooth
Shifting Adept
Shifting Adept

Postby ReedBooth on Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:20 pm

Slow down? Lol I haven't had more than a day off (a week) since April, but thats business I guess. Getting ready for a week and a half vacation tho, if you call it that, and heading to Reno, NV, in three days. I'm ready to be in a colder climate already. Hopefully Colorado won't be destroyed by the African heat or biblical flooding anytime soon.
The loudest sound at the firing line is 'Click'.
"The Fountain(F. Steve Wilson)" - Pendulum
ReedBooth
Shadow Shifter
Shadow Shifter

Previous

Return to Open forum