faved quotes or saying

For the discussion of general affairs of the site or whatever you want to talk about. No really, talk about anything you like.

faved quotes or saying

Postby artguy50 on Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:38 pm

im just what are some of your fav quotes or saying, from people famed by history and now or cultures past and present or hell whatever you made you. post them and let the world know (or at least this forum) about your faved quotes and maybe learn some new ones heres some of mine faves:

"a man chooses, a slave obeys" - Andrew Ryan

"We all make choices. But in the end, our choices make us." -Andrew Ryan

"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist."- helder Camara

"We admit of no government by divine right...the only legitimate right to govern is an express grant of power from the governed."
--William Henry Harrison

"There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance."
--Socrates

The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.
-ayn rand

There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.
ayn rand

The purpose of morality is to teach you, not to suffer and die, but to enjoy yourself and live.--ayn rand
"There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance."--Socrates

The purpose of morality is to teach you, not to suffer and die, but to enjoy yourself and live.--ayn rand
artguy50
Shifter Elite
Shifter Elite

Re: faved quotes or saying

Postby Talexis on Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:07 pm

“For a human being, nothing comes naturally; we have to learn everything we do.”
- Stanislaus Grumman

I've got more somewhere...
Talexis
Shifting Adept
Shifting Adept

Postby artguy50 on Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:35 pm

Talexis wrote:“For a human being, nothing comes naturally; we have to learn everything we do.”
- Stanislaus Grumman

I've got more somewhere...

cool looking forward to hearing them

artguy50
Shifter Elite
Shifter Elite

Postby Lupis on Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:26 am

I might as well make some form of contribution...I actually have a small file of "Quotables" I've picked up over the years...

There is no wall that is high enough to stop a horse with a cart filled with gold.
- Philip II of Macedonia

When in doubt, C4.
- Mythbusters

Until a man is twenty-five, he still thinks, every so often, that under the right circumstances he could be the baddest motherf**ker in the world... Hiro used to feel this way, too, but then he ran into Raven. In a way, this was liberating. He no longer has to worry about being the baddest motherf**ker in the world. The position is taken.
- Snow Crash

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device.
— David Langford, as a corollary to Arthur C. Clarke's third law

Darwin, of the X-Men, has the power to develop any power he would need to survive. Submerse him in water, he grows gills; blast him with lava, he's immune to fire.
* This troper would be inclined to wonder what would happen if he was faced with a succubus...
* Immune to energy draining attacks, the stamina of Wolverine, and hung like a yak?
- tvtropes.org

If you see something that...looks human and isn't, you keep your eyes on it and you feel for your hatchet.
- Mr. Beaver (The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe)

Dunc T'racen: Alderaan shot first.
Ulicus: Don't give Lucas ideas!
— TheForce.Net forums

He left my mind intact. I can dream, I can wonder, I can lament. Simply, he has taken his revenge. I have no mouth. And I must scream.
- Harlan Ellison

"I enjoy a drink as much as the next man. Unless the next man is Mel Gibson."
-Ricky Gervais, introducing Mel Gibson at the 2010 Golden Globes

You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are the people of the land, the common clay of the New West. You know...morons.
- Gene Wilder (Blazing Saddles)
Until shade is gone, until water is dust, into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the last day.

-RIP Robert Jordan
Lupis
Shifter Shaman
Shifter Shaman

Postby artguy50 on Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:59 pm

"When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong."
"The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible."
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

artguy50
Shifter Elite
Shifter Elite

Postby Anthius on Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:57 pm

"That was interesting. But dropping a warship on me is cheating. Take it back!" - Id

"Doctor, I'm taking your sister under my protection here. If anything happens to her, anything at all, I swear to you, I will get very choked up. Honestly, there could be tears." Malcom Renolds

"When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons and make super-lemons." - Principle Scudworth
And then the Archangel Anthius spoke to them saying, “Fear shall be vanquished by the Sword of Faith.”
Anthius
Shifting Adept
Shifting Adept

Postby Sterling on Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:10 pm

See signature.
~
Sterling

"Naive wishing for peace is the surest possible way to invite an aggressor."
Sterling
Shifter Darkly
Shifter Darkly

Postby Lupis on Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:17 am

Well, if we're going to quote the great Captain Malcolm Reynolds...

"If someone tries to kill you, you kill them right back."
Until shade is gone, until water is dust, into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the last day.

-RIP Robert Jordan
Lupis
Shifter Shaman
Shifter Shaman

Return to Open forum