Dirty Martin's Burgers and Beer

The home of industry, the lowerclass and the poor, the undercity exists under the sprawl of the city above. In the never ending night, people struggle to eek out meager existences in places where even the law fears to go. It is a haven for monsters, of the mundane criminal variety and the exotic bloodsucking variety. Dirty, neglected, crumbling, many areas are practically uninhabitable thanks to faulty vents, loss of power, or simply unstable. Below this level is Tartarus, and that is where even angels fear to tread.

Re: Dirty Martin's Burgers and Beer

Postby Eidolon on Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:52 pm

"I practiced back at home," Erick says in reply to Joe's comment about volunteering.

Alara's bottoms-up declaration pulls a quick laugh from Erick as he reaches for his own glass of the purple haze. Sniff-sniff, and he can smell the sugar of the energy drink mixed with the acrid sweet scent of the rum beneath.

"Bottoms up!" he says as he tilts his own glass back, downing the drink in gulps.

Amy's right that Erick, at least, has little real concept of how dangerous MA is or will be. A part of him knows the first intense mission will be a shell-shock and he's been trying to prepare himself mentally; but you can only prepare yourself so much for that about which you know nothing. Apart from that, his cheerful naiveté finds its roots in a life spent growing up in the undercity. He would tell you he grew used to the danger the city posed, but like everyone else living under the shadow of a concrete sky, he had unknowingly convinced himself that tragedy was something that happened only to someone else. The loss of his father to a simple, meaningless accident broke that shell momentarily, but time restores old mindsets as surely as it heals old wounds.

"Whew!" Erick says aloud, giving his head a quick shake. The sugar covered the kick, but the alcohol lingered in his throat to remind him of its presence. He knew it was strong, and as he reaches for another, he knows he'll be feeling this.
My Characters
Erick
Eidolon
Shadow Shifter
Shadow Shifter

Postby Tsureai on Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:47 pm

Amy grins as she comes around the bar to stand shoulder to shoulder with the boys, though she's shoulder high to Erick. She reaches for one of the fizzing shots herself and knocks it back in one long gulp, slamming it down on the bar to a rattle of glass on glass.

And before Erick can grab his second drink, she does something shock prevented her from doing before. She grabbed him hard, bulky shoulders bringing his head down to her level so she can lock purple stained lips across his and give him a sweet, intoxicating kiss.
Que miras, cuando la luz se va?
Tsureai
Daughter of the DarkStar
Daughter of the DarkStar

Postby Bubbanator505 on Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:35 pm

Ah great I AM going to have to take her to hospital.

Jack sighs and walks up the stairs to see Amy giving a kiss to Erick. He chuckles a bit as he grab his camera and takes the picture.

"That was heartwarming to see. Give me your number and you can have the only copy of it. Hey it looks like the lady downstairs needs to go to the hospital, she has gone very unresponsive. So could I have the bill and take the burger to go? Sorry for the inconvenience."
Bubbanator505
Shifting Adept
Shifting Adept

Postby Suicidal Lady on Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:52 pm

((OOC sorry stuff got kinda crazy. Had lots of hw and a telescope run to go on, as well as some internship apps to finish. Well, guess Tuca has passed out then. Certainly hadn't intended her to hit the door THAT hard))

The spinning had finally gotten the best of Tuca, and she had passed out while leaning her head up against her pack. She wasn't too sure how long she had been out, but when she finally regained consciousnesses enough to realize what had happened she opened her eyes to see Jack walking up the stairs.

Oh, great impression Tuca. Walk into a door and pass out. Ya you are brilliant. Swell. With the way my day has gone, I probably have a concision. Wonder if Prof. Thompson will let me delay my paper by a week?
~Reach for the moon, because if you miss, at least you'll be among the stars.
If this sig looks blue to you, you are moving towards your screen to fast
*Physics humor, couldn't help myself*
Suicidal Lady
Shifting Champion
Shifting Champion

Postby Bubbanator505 on Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:10 pm

Goes back downstairs to check up on Cara.

"So how are you feeling Miss Sunshine. I'm going to take you to the hospital after I pay my bill. But only if you want to. It's your choice."
Last edited by Bubbanator505 on Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bubbanator505
Shifting Adept
Shifting Adept

Postby Eidolon on Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:07 pm

((@Suicidal Lady: Then say she didn't hit her head that hard. She's still your character, you still have control over her. Has she eaten all day? She could be starved and/or dehydrated and in need of food and water. Just tossing out some ideas.))

Erick smiles as Amy comes shoulder to shoulder between he and Joe, picks up a shot, and slams it home.

"H'oh, yeah!" he says triumphantly as Amy downs the shot like water.

He reaches for that second shot before he finds his torso wrenched into a new direction and his lips suddenly occupied with sweet warmth. His outstretched hand lingers for a moment, hovering above the bar before his hazing mind comes round and registers precisely what's happening. His hand retreats, repurposed, and rises to trace the lines of Amy's cheek as he enjoys alcohol's wondrous gift of intense focus upon just one or two senses. The touch of her lips upon his, and of his hand upon her face, are all he needs to focus upon.

Erick's blissful reverie is violently broken with the small, but distinct digital chirp of a camera capturing the moment. It's a public place, yet it feels like an invasion. Erick pulls away from the kiss, eyes immediately locking upon the offending source, and clearly unhappy about it. Erick quickly sizes him up. While the man's offer to give them the picture is disarming, it's the scar that catches Erick. Scarface. The guy that's buying their drinks. Well... Crap.

Amy's called back to play the part of bartender once again, but Erick will gently catch her arm as she walks by, rubbing his thumb up and down her arm as he looks into her eyes for but a moment.

"Hey. Good to see you, beautiful," he'll tell her, and with feeling, before releasing her arm and turning his attention upon the gregarious reporter.

"You must be the man that bought our drinks. I'm Erick," Erick says, spinning on his barstool and offering a hand to the man.
My Characters
Erick
Eidolon
Shadow Shifter
Shadow Shifter

Postby Bubbanator505 on Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:17 pm

"Jack West from Shade City Bulletin. And don't thank me for the drinks. Thank Joseph Brenner who is next to you. My current leads to my story is because of his police files. No worries though I am not a stalker I will delete the kiss pic. I just saw a good pic and thought you'd want to keep it."

Shows the pic to you guys. Its well done.
Bubbanator505
Shifting Adept
Shifting Adept

Postby Anthius on Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:27 am

Alara downs her drinks with the others after her toast, setting her glass down on the bar the shot glass inside clinking against the bigger glass. she looks back at the glasses at the rest of the drinks lined up. It won't be long before this one hits her full on, should she grab another one and be completely smashed that much faster. Before she decides she sees the flash of the camera and spins around.

Alara shakes her head trying to keep it clear for the moment. "We're at a place of business, I'm sure Amy has someone first aid trained on shift."
And then the Archangel Anthius spoke to them saying, “Fear shall be vanquished by the Sword of Faith.”
Anthius
Shifter Elite
Shifter Elite

Postby Tsureai on Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:37 pm

Amy lets out a shrill squawk as the realizes she's been photographed, and more or less on reflex she hides herself away behind Erick. Or at least she tries. Her arms are too wide... Well, at least she didn't pick him up and hold him in front of her as a shield.

"Huh?" She asks Alara. "Why would I know first aid? Ain't they supposed to teach yall that?" She chews her lower lip for a moment. "Umm... I think Jessie is in college. And I got a poster about choking in the back."
Que miras, cuando la luz se va?
Tsureai
Daughter of the DarkStar
Daughter of the DarkStar

Postby Bubbanator505 on Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:50 pm

Upon hearing about a choking poster Jack takes a quick look at Amy.

I better not choke here. If Amy performs the Heimlich Maneuver on me shed break my back and ribs on the first squeeze.

Laughing a bit he plugs the PDA into the port again in the back of his neck. He replays the part with Cara's face meeting the door.

"Sadly she did not try eating the door so the Heimlich Maneuver will not be necessary."

That and save her from a broken back.

"Do you at least have an emergency kit? Under law all restaurants are supposed to carry one. I think with a PDA and a emergency kit we can save her the bother of having to go to a hospital. They would charge her an arm, a leg and her 1st born child for concussion treatment."

Or worse make her sign her soul to a corporation.
Bubbanator505
Shifting Adept
Shifting Adept

PreviousNext

Return to Tales of Shade City RP - Undercity