Dirty Martin's Burgers and Beer

The home of industry, the lowerclass and the poor, the undercity exists under the sprawl of the city above. In the never ending night, people struggle to eek out meager existences in places where even the law fears to go. It is a haven for monsters, of the mundane criminal variety and the exotic bloodsucking variety. Dirty, neglected, crumbling, many areas are practically uninhabitable thanks to faulty vents, loss of power, or simply unstable. Below this level is Tartarus, and that is where even angels fear to tread.

Re: Dirty Martin's Burgers and Beer

Postby Lupis on Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:52 am

Joe grins widely, letting out a cheer at the kiss between Amy and Erick. It's a moment of pure, spontaneous magic...that gets interrupted as a camera flashes, making Joe turn to find its source, fizzing drink still in his hand. Joe frowns even deeper, however, as his name is dropped as the reason the first round of drinks was on the apparent reporter before him. "Shade City Bulletin?" He takes a slow sip of his drink, thinking for a moment. "Jack West, you said your name was? I don't recall ever speaking with any reporters about my case files...especially one with such, hm, distinctive features as yours." His piercing golden eyes search over Jack's face, obviously lingering over the scar and artificial eye.

He rolls the drink around in his hand for a moment, listening to the shot glass clinking softly inside of the pint glass, before knocking the rest of the liquid bad decisions back all in one go. Joe's eyes narrow, however, at the sight of Cara's face meeting the doorframe. "Some ice to take care of any swelling, first off. If she's concussed, there's nothing for it, really, but to take her to the hospital." The Shifter manages a small grin, though. Perhaps it's the pleasant buzz he's already feeling. "Though it looks like she really did try to take a bite out of the door, there, so maybe the Heimlich would be helpful. What do you think, Miss Swift?"
Until shade is gone, until water is dust, into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the last day.

-RIP Robert Jordan
Lupis
Shifter Shaman
Shifter Shaman

Postby Bubbanator505 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:39 am

" You may not know about me, but I know about you Joseph Brenner. You quit Homicide because every time you seemed to see a victim that was bled to death it was covered up. You got tired of not being able to do your job properly so you quit and joined the MA. My job right now is to find the truth about vamp gangs, something that you started but I am going to finish."

He is analyzing everyone in the room for a reaction. There is a reason that he took psychology and now he is going to use it to see if he can squeeze more information about MA.

And he is drunk. Perfect. Less self control that way.
Bubbanator505
Shifting Adept
Shifting Adept

Postby Anthius on Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:55 pm

Alara looks back at fourth between Joe and Jack before hopping off the bar stool. "I think we can stop with the contest of egos until we've taken proper care of the injured lady downstairs." she wobbles on her feet for a moment as she heads towards the stairs. "... before we've had to much to drink to properly help."

She walks herself Steadily down the stairs to kneel over Cara. "Hi there. Mind if I take a quick look at you?"
And then the Archangel Anthius spoke to them saying, “Fear shall be vanquished by the Sword of Faith.”
Anthius
Shifter Elite
Shifter Elite

Postby Suicidal Lady on Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:41 pm

Tuca sat up a bit and looked at the woman who had walked over.

"Ah sure. I'm guessing Jack told you about my fighting match with the door? It has quite the solid defense, I don't think I did much damage. At least, not to the door."

She smiled and poked at the bruise now forming on her nose.

"I don't THINK it's broken, no blood and all. But I am not going to want to explain to the people at work what happened to my face."
~Reach for the moon, because if you miss, at least you'll be among the stars.
If this sig looks blue to you, you are moving towards your screen to fast
*Physics humor, couldn't help myself*
Suicidal Lady
Shifting Champion
Shifting Champion

Postby Bubbanator505 on Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:48 pm

Dammit I got distracted again. God I am so tired... need coffee.

Jack lets out a yawn before going back downstairs. He takes a look at her to make sure that she is ok before sitting down.

"Nah it is not broken, but you might want an ice pack on it. I swear that door should belong to a football team the way it took you out. Anyways joking aside are you feeling any better at least?"
Bubbanator505
Shifting Adept
Shifting Adept

Postby Anthius on Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:27 pm

Alara smiles at Tuca, and lets out a small chuckle. "Yeah, that door had your number on that one. you're properly coherent so that's a good sign."

She pats Cara on the shoulder. "Alright, you look alright, just let us know if you think you're going to vomit or something,"

Alara looks back at Jack as he comes down the stairs. "She looks to be fine, just keep an eye on her."

She stands back up holding a hand out to help the dazed girl back up to her feet.
And then the Archangel Anthius spoke to them saying, “Fear shall be vanquished by the Sword of Faith.”
Anthius
Shifter Elite
Shifter Elite

Postby Tsureai on Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:40 pm

Jessi comes trotting up to Tuca and company, a battered and stained old tackle box in hand. "Ummm... Here's the first aid kit." It used to be clearly marked with a red cross, until someone creatively defaced it to look like.. Well, the artist gets points for creativity and a knowledge of human anatomy.

She cracks it open, and winces a little. "I'll go get some ice." she volunteers, leaving them with a box where every pill bottle is either empty or ten years expired. Often both. It does have plenty of burn cream, anti biotic, and band aids.
Que miras, cuando la luz se va?
Tsureai
Daughter of the DarkStar
Daughter of the DarkStar

Postby Suicidal Lady on Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:44 pm

Tuca flushed a brilliant red, her embarrassment rebounding back with the additional do gooders attention on her.

"Oh, yes, er, I am alright now. Just needed to sit down for a bit."

She looked over as Jessi left the box and stared incredulously at the design on the outside. "Good grief, that thing looks older then my thesis advisor. I'm guessing anything in there might hurt more then it helps."

Smiling with a slight wince, she took Alara's hand and rose to her feet, waiting a few seconds to check her balance. Feeling confident that her body had recalibrate it's balance control, she let go of Alara's hand.

"Thank's for the concern. Can't remember last time I tried to do something to get this much attention and succeeded. Maybe I should walk into doors more often."
~Reach for the moon, because if you miss, at least you'll be among the stars.
If this sig looks blue to you, you are moving towards your screen to fast
*Physics humor, couldn't help myself*
Suicidal Lady
Shifting Champion
Shifting Champion

Postby Bubbanator505 on Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:50 pm

Jack could not help but laugh at the first aid box. The medicine in the box could kill people. He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a small bottle of aspirin.

"Here you go. We might as well start bringing that box up to date before a health inspector comes in. How about I bring some medicine from Upper City the next time I come down here? We can trade it for a beer."

Of course he says this with a smile on his face. By now I hope you can see this guy is very optimistic.
Bubbanator505
Shifting Adept
Shifting Adept

Postby Anthius on Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:43 pm

Alara looks curiously at the first aid kit. "Thanks, I think Ice will help more than anything in this first aid kit."

She gives a short at Jack trying to get a beer out of refilling the first aid kit, but doesn't say anything, the kit really does need a complete overhaul.

She looks up at Tuca as she helps her to her feet and sighs, why does everyone have to be taller than me, but quickly turns back to a chuckle and a smile. "If you do that, people are going to start calling you the human doorstop." She throws an arm out is a dramatic gesture as if introducing Tuca. "Ladies and gentleman, I present to you the girl who will stop doors with nothing but her face!"

Alara laughs at herself giving Tuca another pat on the shoulder. "Well you look fine I'm gonna head back up to my friends. feel free to come up and visit." She turns to leave before stopping then turning back. "Oh yeah!" she offers her hand to Tuca. "My Name's Alara."
Anthius
Shifter Elite
Shifter Elite

PreviousNext

Return to Tales of Shade City RP - Undercity