Dirty Martin's Burgers and Beer

The home of industry, the lowerclass and the poor, the undercity exists under the sprawl of the city above. In the never ending night, people struggle to eek out meager existences in places where even the law fears to go. It is a haven for monsters, of the mundane criminal variety and the exotic bloodsucking variety. Dirty, neglected, crumbling, many areas are practically uninhabitable thanks to faulty vents, loss of power, or simply unstable. Below this level is Tartarus, and that is where even angels fear to tread.

Re: Dirty Martin's Burgers and Beer

Postby Eidolon on Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:46 pm

Erick sighs as Joe expresses his worry of Jack's demise.

"He might," Erick says simply. It's the hard truth. The harder truth is that he might only be nipped. Then the reporter would have his answers and more. But there's not a whole lot they can do. It's a story that played out every day in the hellhole of this urban jungle.

Erick looks over his shoulder to look at Amy.

"Yeah, I don't like being interrupted by a photographer, either. Especially not like that. Let me go ask him to delete it. Make sure he does it," Erick says, standing.

So much for their drinking party.

The ringing of Joe's phone draws Erick's curious gaze. Even Erick knows that old phone doesn't ring much.

"A call from mama?" Erick jokes with a wry grin as Joe pulls the phone out and answers.

The shift in Joe's countenance shuts him up right quick, his expression serious as Joe stands and moves away from the bar. Erick sits himself back down on the barstool, eyes intently watching Joe. He doesn't like that expression, not one bit. The photographer isn't forgotten, but he's suddenly become second priority.

<OOC>Here I'm not real sure how much Joe has shared about Pam, Lupis. I'll let you determine that by how Joe replies to Erick's questions in the succeeding posts. Pam has paid Erick's pack a visit, though. Scared poor Amy half to death.</OOC>
My Characters
Erick
Eidolon
Shadow Shifter
Shadow Shifter

Postby Lupis on Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:52 am

The shocked gasp on the other end of the line was exactly what Joe wanted to hear. What came after, however, was not.

"Oh yes. You're making me wet."

Shuddering at the simple thought, Joe was too stunned to do anything but listen as Pam continued her ravings. He hated arguing with crazy people...you couldn't win, by simple expediency of the fact that they lived entirely in their own world where nothing could touch them. And, by any account, Pam was absolutely nuts.

"You want me to play that badly kitty? And here I was letting you in on some interesting news. Instead it seems you want me to start hurting loved ones. Would you like me to get off the line so you can start calling up friends and warning them? I'm sure the conversation won't sound the least bit crazy."

"No...oh, God, no..." He nearly whimpered. Joe couldn't maintain his head of anger in the face of direct threats against friends and family, especially since he knew that Pam was crazy enough to actually do it and he had no idea how to protect against her. As he continues, rather than defiant, Joe's tone is very close to pleading. "What the hell do you want from me? I thought we were done with all of this...I hadn't heard from you in forever, and frankly, it was nice. Why are you doing all of this? And why again now?"
Until shade is gone, until water is dust, into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the last day.

-RIP Robert Jordan
Lupis
Shifter Shaman
Shifter Shaman

Postby Gorble on Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:18 am

Pam sighed as Joe's anger quickly gave way to the bleating of a scared child, it was just so bothersome. For someone who figured he could kill her it appeared he hadn't really considered the obvious. Joe had far more vulnerable things to lose than her and she was certainly the kind of person to take advantage of that if it suited her. True she did have something to lose, but then the only way she'd lose was with her death.

"Now you see that's why you don't threaten the murderous psycho bitch over the phone. It doesn't work. Don't bear your fangs until you're ready to use them and all. That's funny y'know. Humans are the only animal that bear their teeth as a friendly gesture. Do you find yourself being more aggressive Puss'n'boots to people that smile? Probably not."

She contemplated that particular quandary before continuing, "What do I want? Part of the mystery kitty. Figure it out at your own pace. I called to let you know something was coming up and that despite looks it wasn't me. Heck I almost thought of throwing you a bone. That was all, but then if you seemed to actually want to start a fight with me over this and took the time to even threaten me. So yeah if someone you loves dies then congrats you asked for it."

OOC: Man I don't think Joe knows all too much about Pam including her last name... not that it would help with much.
"Why do angels always look like that?"
-Room mate
"God isn't very inventive."
-Me
Gorble
Queen of Darkness
Queen of Darkness

Postby Tsureai on Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:54 pm

Amy doesn't quite get what's going on. She keeps glancing back and forth between Joe and Erick, not quite catching on to just one side of the conversation. Possibly she just doesn't want to think about what it Could mean.
Que miras, cuando la luz se va?
Tsureai
Daughter of the DarkStar
Daughter of the DarkStar

Postby Anthius on Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:44 pm

Alara looks at the others and sighs reaching for her second drink. looking between the other three keeping quiet. She has no idea what's really going on.

There goes a potential joyful night it seems.
And then the Archangel Anthius spoke to them saying, “Fear shall be vanquished by the Sword of Faith.”
Anthius
Shifter Elite
Shifter Elite

Postby Lupis on Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:24 pm

((Bleh...I apologize for the long time this post has taken. Part of it has been old computer dying, putting together new computer, and the other part has been trying to wait on something at least resembling a proper rotation of post order...but whatever. I'm here now.))

"God, Pam, I don't want to get in a fight with you...I just don't want you to hurt anyone I care about." Joe leaned his head back, the back of his skull hitting the wall with a soft "thunk." The alcohol was burning through his system, and had apparently just rapidly taken him on a roller coaster ride through anger, fear, and now was spiraling down into the kind of depression that simply makes you drink more and start the cycle all over again. Well, shit, threats didn't work...might as well roll the dice and go for raw honesty. She was crazy, and he was potentially only giving her more ammunition, but to hell with it. It probably wasn't anything Pam didn't know already when Joe admitted, "You scare the shit out of me, Pam. You're a nightmare on two legs."

Joe scrubbed at his nose, closing his eyes as he rested against the wall. "It seems like you've been my personal bogeyman, here...fuck, or would that be bogeywoman? Hell if I know. But you threaten me, threaten my friends, and do a whole lot worse than just that...you know that I still have nightmares about some of the 'presents' you left for me?"

He sighed softly, his head bowing forward, and then he blinked, his brow furrowing. He could blame the alcohol on why exactly it had taken so long for one of the things Pam had said to register. "Wait, what do you mean? 'Something is coming up, and despite looks it wasn't you?' What's going on, Pam? Who was it?" Joe didn't really expect any kind of answer that would make any sense, but the cop in him had to ask.
Until shade is gone, until water is dust, into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the last day.

-RIP Robert Jordan
Lupis
Shifter Shaman
Shifter Shaman

Postby Gorble on Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:50 pm

((Phone call seems to have kind of killed the rp as others seem to be waiting for it to wrap up and pick up the pieces or be filled in. So I'm thinking ending the call soon would help out.))

Pam's heart is happily warmed by how she's managed to touch his life so deeply. "Aw you dream about me how sweet."

"Wait, what do you mean? 'Something is coming up, and despite looks it wasn't you?' What's going on, Pam? Who was it?"

"Oh finally catching up Puss'n'boots. Come on what could possibly be happening. Copycat revision, the game 2.0. All new players, all new modus operandi. Who is it? Oh trust me he'll say who he is. Count the kills and a little message in each. Watch the news I expect it'll be messy enough to make it on the scream sheets simply for the titillation. I've said more than my fair share it was up to you to listen or not so toodles."

The line goes dead as Pam ends the call.
"Why do angels always look like that?"
-Room mate
"God isn't very inventive."
-Me
Gorble
Queen of Darkness
Queen of Darkness

Postby Lupis on Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:55 pm

Joe blinked as the line went dead, staring at his phone for a long moment before putting it back in his pocket. Was he crazy...or did Pam actually seem like she was wanting to be helpful? Or, since it was a "copycat," she simply could be doing it out of an effort to remain unique. A slow shiver ran down Joe's spine. From his experience with Pam, it was much more likely to be the latter, though she was crazy as hell. He couldn't rule anything out.

With a heavy sigh, Joe heaved himself back over to the bar, scrubbing a hand through his hair. So much for a relaxing night; now he had three billion bits of data running through his head, all at the same time. Go after Pam, or try to find her supposed copycat? Then again, it could simply be that Pam was trying to throw him off of her trail by manufacturing a fake copycat killer. The last thing Joe wanted to do, though, was to start trying to track down body parts once more.

-RIP Robert Jordan
Lupis
Shifter Shaman
Shifter Shaman

Postby Eidolon on Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:12 am

<OOC>Sorry for the long delay in posting. Again. But let's see if we can't keep this thread running, however slowly.</OOC>

With arms crossed, his back against the bar, Erick watches Joe lug his suddenly heavy self back to join the group. His eyes remain fixed on the Shifter until he's back at his perch on his barstool.

"So, not mama. This night's just shot all to hell, isn't it?" Erick comments, spinning around on his stool.

"Tell me later," he adds to Joe. It's not a request.
My Characters
Erick
Eidolon
Shadow Shifter
Shadow Shifter

Postby Lupis on Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:20 am

"No. Not Mama. An old...friend...I thought I wouldn't be hearing any more from." Joe's eyes narrow, gripping his phone tightly. He carefully, deliberately slips the piece of plastic back into his pocket, his motions tightly controlled, as if he kept the phone out any longer he was going to wind up crushing it. "I'll definitely be telling you later."

The Shifter rests his head in his hands for a long moment, then combs both hands back through his hair, scrubbing through the short locks with the memory of pushing longer hair out of the way. "Amy...I'm gonna need another strong one or two..."

-RIP Robert Jordan
Lupis
Shifter Shaman
Shifter Shaman

PreviousNext

Return to Tales of Shade City RP - Undercity