Update - November 5

For the shifters crew to post news and announcements about Shifters and the site, as well as gather information from the users in the form of questionnaires and polls.

Update - November 5

Postby ShadowsMyst on Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:14 pm

I had this all written out and the goddamn board ate it.
Here's the November update:

So Che's busier than ever, getting towards final projects now and she's got her nose to the grindstone. Unfortunately for her, student loans did not give her enough to cover Dec & Jan, so she has to take paying commissions now over winter break to cover the shortfall. This unfortunately means she cannot spare time for free work. If there is to be comic coloring, there needs to be some cash changing hands. I can just barely make my own expenses, so I don't have anything to spare.

In my world, my Mom has been diagnosed with a mass in her lung. We don't know what it is yet, but generally mass in lung=bad. My family is difficult under the best of conditions (understatement of the year, its dysfunctional as hell), and going into the holidays this is just going to get magnified into the biggest mass of suck and fail you can imagine. There's going to be fallout, I just don't know when/how that's going to hit with full force. I'm already having to deal with relatives and friends to try to find ways and money to help them.

I've also got other paying work floating in the either, commissions, con work, that sort of stuff.

So basically unless I'm getting paid myself for something, its hard to justify devoting huge chunks of time to it. Comic making can take 14+ hours sometimes, and I work a full time job already, so it takes days to produce for me since I can only work on it at night. I got a new tablet, but I'm not quite used to it yet, and I'm not sure yet how much that will shave off as far as time is concerned.

But all is not lost. I've started a patreon to help make the comic a paying thing so I can afford to devote time to comics over other paying work, and I can pay Che.

The URL: http://www.patreon.com/shadowsmyst

A lot of it is tentative, until I come up with better rewards and shit, but if we are going to get this going, we need to start somewhere right?

TL:DR version:
Che is broke, and can't work for free. I'm broke, and my mom is really sick and my family REALLY sucks, so unless I'm getting paid something I can't promise to devote my time to anything. If you want comics, please consider supporting my patreon: http://www.patreon.com/shadowsmyst
ShadowsMyst
Shifters Creator & Admin
Shifters Creator & Admin

Re: Update - November 5

Postby little_me on Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:41 am

Best wishes on getting things sorted out, being broke isn't fun, well, I imagine it not being fun since I've not had said problem myself. Still, long story short, Shifters is still looking like a fresh juicy raw steak just out of reach so.. I'm still waiting for the morsels :P

as side note, you are now person #80 I'm trying to shove money at through patreon.

#Edit:
And it took.. like 6 days since you made patreon thing for me to spot it, through here? I try to look through *everything* there but... seemingly some things are not shown in the listings for some reason.
#Edit2:
It might have something to do with no shown creations, nothing created, not listed as creator on public list? well, search still gives results but not "recent creators" which is supposedly time/date sorted.
little_me
Shifty Novice
Shifty Novice

Postby ShadowsMyst on Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:56 pm

Being broke is sucktacular. Can't say I would recommend it to anyone.

I have no idea why I'm not being shown on Patreon. Admittedly I'm still trying to figure it out as a tool. Kind of kicking at it when I get a chance. I changed the title recently because even searching Shifters or my name wasn't turning things up. It seems to bring it up now if you search Shifters.

Uploading stuff might help, I'll have to see what I can do.
ShadowsMyst
Shifters Creator & Admin
Shifters Creator & Admin

Postby Daggertooth on Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:57 pm

Sorry about being broke...that's never fun. There was a time I'd eat oatmeal every morning and rice and beans at every night for months to make that dollar stretch. So I can understand doing what you can and the necessary priorities. Still, not the funnest situation.

Sorry about those family issues as well. Those can be harder to deal with. I see this update is a bit ago so I hope your mom got better since then.

I did notice the new update, which drew me in here today. Great stuff.

Here's hoping life gets better for everyone for 2015.
Daggertooth
Shifting Adept
Shifting Adept

Postby Jon on Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:49 pm

Someone mention steak? *as I creep in from the shadows...* Yep I'm still lurking around doing the update checks every few days. Sorry to hear about your string of bad luck but its still good to hear from you. Great to know your working on getting things up and running. I wish you luck and hopefully Patron will help you out a lot.
Jon
Shadow Shifter
Shadow Shifter

Return to News & Announcements