Situation Update - Nov 5

For the shifters crew to post news and announcements about Shifters and the site, as well as gather information from the users in the form of questionnaires and polls.

Situation Update - Nov 5

Postby ShadowsMyst on Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:21 am

Things are starting to calm down finally. Che has finally been able to go home, and has her computer back now, although school is really sucking up her time. I'm finally done with most of my big obligations and I can start getting back to drawing stuff. We probably are going to need a little more time to get things going on given that che's coloring time is severely limited now, but hopefully we can resume updating very soon.

Thanks for your patience everyone!
ShadowsMyst
Shifters Creator & Admin
Shifters Creator & Admin

Re: Situation Update - Nov 5

Postby Gorble on Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:07 pm

Glad to hear things have calmed down and happy to hear updating will resume soon. I'll still be around waiting and hoping for more. Reminds me we need to prod the rp back into life... maybe we should set up some crazy rp skype with a group? Ah well back to things and such.

Best to you and yours.
"Why do angels always look like that?"
-Room mate
"God isn't very inventive."
-Me
Gorble
Queen of Darkness
Queen of Darkness

Postby Jon on Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:26 pm

Always love good news. take your time. =p
Jon
Shadow Shifter
Shadow Shifter

Postby ShadowsMyst on Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:55 pm

@Gorble

Yeah, we need to figure out some way to jump start the RP. Not sure how to do that. RP over skype might be cool. Couldn't be a huge group though and I'm not sure when it would be most convenient. Maybe we can see who's interested and go from there?
ShadowsMyst
Shifters Creator & Admin
Shifters Creator & Admin

Postby Daggertooth on Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:24 pm

Glad to hear that things are settling down. Those rough patches can be tough. I suppose its getting close to finals for Che now...so that's going to be interesting.

I'd be up for something on the RP. Not sure what happened to our last RP plans as I thought everybody had a character either approved or almost done. I'll be in this job here for at least another year...longest job I've ever had so far...so that means another year of solid internet connection before who knows where I end up. Though I've gotten used to Arizona and its people...I think I might try to set roots here.
Daggertooth
Shifting Adept
Shifting Adept

Postby Gorble on Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:49 am

@SM

My thoughts on a Skype RP
Keep it small: maximum of five players, though likely four plus the GM is more likely. Keeps chatter/confusion down and its less of a juggle for everyone to come together
Schedule: Possibly have a regular play day a week at a time. Maybe 2-3 hour sessions depending on players. (Not sure what some consider a normal rp session.)
Game System: Probably should use a game system that is complete. So not the current one and not the w.i.p. one. I'm going to suggest Unisystem (pretty simple and one can find it online for free) though maybe with the cinematic variant rules for some extra action/flare. We could also use the original source of insipration of CP2020 as the system.
Premade characters with some wiggle room: Basically make up a group so there's less struggle on approval. Characters would have some wiggle room for personalization. Players pull from the pool and ready to dive in.
Group Focus: Characters are likely going to be one of the two group ideas previously mentioned slayers or runners.
Human First: Making it easier to use other game systems we keep the rule of human first.
Veil Free: Like before pcs are going to have no idea about the Veil. The lie is maintained.
Social/Investigative focus: Trying to parallel the forum, the combat will be spaced out and secondary.
Taint mechanic: No idea on effects or how to track. I like the idea that the gm keeps track of it and the player is only able to see the results. I.e. "And after you finish taking your revenge you look up into the red sky and as the blood rains down you are certain that it is washing away the sins of the land. You've begun your decent fully into madness, an insanity has been added to your sheet."
Keep swearing to a minimum: In case we want to stream or put these vids up on youtube.

Should I start a poll? A separate thread? Who's going to GM this?
"Why do angels always look like that?"
-Room mate
"God isn't very inventive."
-Me
Gorble
Queen of Darkness
Queen of Darkness

Postby artguy50 on Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:07 pm

im in for this game
"There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance."--Socrates

The purpose of morality is to teach you, not to suffer and die, but to enjoy yourself and live.--ayn rand
artguy50
Shifter Elite
Shifter Elite

Postby ShadowsMyst on Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:34 pm

@ gorble

I would probably have to Gm it given I'm the only one who really knows the world intimately enough. I'd probably prefer to use CP2020 as a system, simply because I know it and have all the material readily available. It's also got the right 'feel' and I can use the nights edge stuff for anything Veil-ish.

I wouldn't probably want a group of more than 5, the times to get something coordinated to meet online is going to be the challenge. I'm on pacific time, so chances are most people will be ahead of me. Weekdays I work till 6, and rarely have the energy to GM, which leaves weekends. We'd have to figure out everyone's potential schedules and how much they can commit to this.

Generally I find it extremely disruptive to have players coming and going as they please in a real tabletop type game. So if you want to play, you'd need to be committed to making the sessions.

Maybe make a poll regarding times and availability?
ShadowsMyst
Shifters Creator & Admin
Shifters Creator & Admin

Postby artguy50 on Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:04 pm

im open after finals and than nights after 6pm

The purpose of morality is to teach you, not to suffer and die, but to enjoy yourself and live.--ayn rand
artguy50
Shifter Elite
Shifter Elite

Postby artguy50 on Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:05 pm

where can i get the CP2020 stuff from?

artguy50
Shifter Elite
Shifter Elite

Next

Return to News & Announcements