Situation Update - Nov 5

For the shifters crew to post news and announcements about Shifters and the site, as well as gather information from the users in the form of questionnaires and polls.

Re: Situation Update - Nov 5

Postby Daggertooth on Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:08 pm

I am intrigued by this proposal. The scheduling would be the biggest hurdle for me as my work often sends me out of town, but I bet I can work around that.
Daggertooth
Shifting Adept
Shifting Adept

Postby Gorble on Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:45 am

Threw up a poll in the OOC forum of the RP section.

@artguy50

CP2020 is not free and is still sold and licensed material. You can buy it off amazon or drivethrurpg I believe. If you look at the wiki on it you get the basic idea in that you basically choose a class with each giving you a special signature skill (ex. Solo has Combat Sense). There's more to it, but if this works out one of us with the books can probably help you put a character together.
"Why do angels always look like that?"
-Room mate
"God isn't very inventive."
-Me
Gorble
Queen of Darkness
Queen of Darkness

Postby artguy50 on Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:52 pm

Gorble wrote:Threw up a poll in the OOC forum of the RP section.

@artguy50

CP2020 is not free and is still sold and licensed material. You can buy it off amazon or drivethrurpg I believe. If you look at the wiki on it you get the basic idea in that you basically choose a class with each giving you a special signature skill (ex. Solo has Combat Sense). There's more to it, but if this works out one of us with the books can probably help you put a character together.

what books would i need?
"There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance."--Socrates

The purpose of morality is to teach you, not to suffer and die, but to enjoy yourself and live.--ayn rand
artguy50
Shifter Elite
Shifter Elite

Postby Gorble on Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:59 am

Probably just the CP 2020 main rule book. It's all you really need to make a character. Things like the Chrome books, etc. are more for adding more cool swag or learning about the world of CP2020 (which isn't canon with shifters so it doesn't matter.)
-Room mate
-Me
Gorble
Queen of Darkness
Queen of Darkness

Postby artguy50 on Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:38 pm

Gorble wrote:Probably just the CP 2020 main rule book. It's all you really need to make a character. Things like the Chrome books, etc. are more for adding more cool swag or learning about the world of CP2020 (which isn't canon with shifters so it doesn't matter.)

so no things that make it hard for cops to track you by blood stans, have your skin be bullet resist and stuff like that, (i think it was in the other books not going to be should untill i get it

The purpose of morality is to teach you, not to suffer and die, but to enjoy yourself and live.--ayn rand
artguy50
Shifter Elite
Shifter Elite

Postby Gorble on Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:48 am

Yes and no. I don't believe there was anything that somehow eliminated blood stains from crime scenes. Other than so much stuff that a good 'clean' sample would be near impossible to attain. That's mostly going through the effort to a. not get in a firefight and b. cover your tracks. As for skinweave which makes you bullet resistant it's in the main book and still allowed, assuming you can come up with a convincing reason to have it. I was more thinking of the various thermoptic camo things which don't exist in Shifters or the various types of military hardware (i.e. missle launchers, rail guns, etc) that the Chrome books like to pimp out but players should not likely be able to buy.
-Room mate
-Me
Gorble
Queen of Darkness
Queen of Darkness

Postby artguy50 on Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:49 pm

Gorble wrote:Yes and no. I don't believe there was anything that somehow eliminated blood stains from crime scenes. Other than so much stuff that a good 'clean' sample would be near impossible to attain. That's mostly going through the effort to a. not get in a firefight and b. cover your tracks. As for skinweave which makes you bullet resistant it's in the main book and still allowed, assuming you can come up with a convincing reason to have it. I was more thinking of the various thermoptic camo things which don't exist in Shifters or the various types of military hardware (i.e. missle launchers, rail guns, etc) that the Chrome books like to pimp out but players should not likely be able to buy.

not eliminate blood stains just scrambs the DNA of the blood to make it harder to trackback or impossable depaing on the mod, it was some kind of nanomachines thing in your body that helps with that kind of thing or so the DM told me as he gave us packs of hardware and ogmants to choose from as he "rule lord" it to be badass but still fair

artguy50
Shifter Elite
Shifter Elite

Postby artguy50 on Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:08 pm

ok, i tried finding the book on drivethurRPG.com but its not there not im not sure if its just being outside of the US is the problem here or just they dont have it but ill continue looking on my off time here and more so but in the states. if you have any other ideas were else i can look to buy it before i start like at least legal means

artguy50
Shifter Elite
Shifter Elite

Postby artguy50 on Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:29 pm

never mind find it and get it, was looking in the wrong place on the sites

artguy50
Shifter Elite
Shifter Elite

Postby Tsuki_Ouji on Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:45 am

Hey, I'm new to these forums and have only read the reboot, but I absolutely love the world and would love to be part of an RPG. Would this be a good time to join, or should I try on the forums first? I only have real experience with standard tabletop (mostly D&D 3.5, but also Shadowrun, and have basic knowledge of Exalted and BESM); all the forum RPs I've been a part of went kaput rapidly.

Edit~ Though I guess it's rather ill-timed to say anything...
Tsuki_Ouji
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements