Situation Update - Nov 5

For the shifters crew to post news and announcements about Shifters and the site, as well as gather information from the users in the form of questionnaires and polls.

Re: Situation Update - Nov 5

Postby Gorble on Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:30 am

Could you get in on the Skype RP? Yes mostly as it hasn't even started just Read and Fill in a post and we'll see what happens. The start of that was postponed due to real life nuff said.

As for joining the forum rp as that has been on a sort of hiatus you can get in. Just read up on the rules, write up a character and post it in the workshop, look over critiques and revise as necessary, and then post it in the submission forum after the necessary peer approval and get SM's stamp of approval. Then track down active players and try to start something.

Alas like many forum rps this one has had its ups and downs.
"Why do angels always look like that?"
-Room mate
"God isn't very inventive."
-Me
Gorble
Queen of Darkness
Queen of Darkness

Postby ShadowsMyst on Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:37 pm

I'm really sad the forum RP died out, but it seems that LOTS of forums are dying now, which to me is kind of weird, since I still haven't figured out how people really have discussions on Tumblr that aren't just one on one, or why people would RP over something like facebook. I keep hearing people are still into IRC, and do know one IRC rp that's still going, but its got a long history and dedicated base. I could do IRC again now thanks to Mibbit, but the old RP died because I couldn't get there anymore.

I don't know how to resurrect the forum RP, aside from maybe doing something directly with Gorble and maybe people will join in? I dunno. Might be worth a shot.

I see a lot of RP over skype, but when you are doing something like play by post, it just seems there are less and less people engaging in it.

I'd like to do the skype game, but I just don't have a reliable schedule right now to run a group. I keep getting yanked to random things on weekends, and weekdays I'm so tapped from work, that creativity is at an all time nil. Add to that the dramarific people and my extremely low tolerance for drama, and that creates a highly unmotivated and uncreative Myst.

I'm still trying to sort things out. I'm having some home that my family issues will go away for a few months, the con stuff will slow down after I put two of my FIVE hats to bed, and I might be able to get some personal work done. This is my hope.
ShadowsMyst
Shifters Creator & Admin
Shifters Creator & Admin

Postby Gorble on Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:27 am

I'm all ears SM if you have something in mind for a general direction for an rp that can be followed and joined. Regardless this will be some time from now since busy busy.
"Why do angels always look like that?"
-Room mate
"God isn't very inventive."
-Me
Gorble
Queen of Darkness
Queen of Darkness

Postby deepbluerenegade on Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:40 pm

What is the current state of the comic?

My feed reader keeps wanting to clean it up, but I am hopeful that things will resume.

-DBR : )
deepbluerenegade
Shifter Darkly
Shifter Darkly

Postby ShadowsMyst on Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:48 pm

I've actually been working on lineart when I've gotten a chance, but Che needs to finish her finals before she can color them. we are hoping to resume updates end of the month/beginning of May. They might be slow at first, but there at least will be updates.

That's our target.
ShadowsMyst
Shifters Creator & Admin
Shifters Creator & Admin

Postby deepbluerenegade on Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:22 pm

Woo hoo! My fingers are crossed for you guys!

-DBR : )
deepbluerenegade
Shifter Darkly
Shifter Darkly

Previous

Return to News & Announcements