Alright friends. Time for some real talk.

For the shifters crew to post news and announcements about Shifters and the site, as well as gather information from the users in the form of questionnaires and polls.

Alright friends. Time for some real talk.

Postby Che on Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:14 pm

It's... it's been a really rough couple of months for me. Things are finally starting to look up, though.

First of all, I'm going to thank every single one of you for your patience, and your well wishes, and your continued support for me and Marie, and just Shifters in general. We would not be what we are without you guys. I love you, and I'm so happy to be apart of all this. This is why I believe you deserve a bit of an explanation to what has been going on in my life, and now I am finally in a good mindset to tell you about it.

September 3rd I started up with school. September 8th my boyfriend of nearly 4 years tells me he no longer loves me. That... destroyed me pretty efficiently. That along with school... I was barely scraping by. I thought I could stand to stay at home, but I couldn't, so that's why I went to stay with Marie for a few months.

Being away from the situation was very helpful. And she was pretty blunt with me, which was even more helpful. But it was still hard. I barely made it through September without bawling my eyes out long enough to be in class. For a while, I was just a shadow of myself, walking through the paces. Just trying to get by, that sort of thing.

Eventually we had our 'final' talk of sorts, and I asked him if I was important enough to want me to still be in his life, because I wasn't able to just be friends. At that point he said that we should just go our separate ways, and so I made the preparations and what not. Then, the very next day I get an email from him saying that he has realized his mistake and asks to try again. I agree to it, and we try again.

Not even two weeks later he says he liked it more by himself. And well, here we are now. It's done. He's moved out, and I have a room mate moving in today. From here on out I'm in the next chapter of my life, and I can focus on the things that are important. Schooling, myself, and of course the work for Shifters. We are still pretty bogged down with things. But winter break is soon. So maybe then <:

Again. Thank you so much for your patience and support. I love you guys ♥

-Che
President of the X Underboob fanclub. Buttons coming soon
Che
Shifting Adept
Shifting Adept

Re: Alright friends. Time for some real talk.

Postby Talexis on Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:03 am

I'm glad to hear that despite all of the recent hardship you've been able to recenter your life, and that you're doing a lot better than you were before. Starting and getting used to Uni becomes a very challenging ordeal with dealing with a great loss at the beginning of not just the semester, but THE semester, the one where you're supposed to get the ball rolling and everything else. Course, time heals all, and I won't tell you to never look back; experience tends to be our best teacher after all, but I'm really glad to see the motivated way that you're taking this on with.

Thanks Marie for all the help you've provided to Che over the past few months. I don't know any details or anything during what was happening but I know that it's really important to have people who really really care(I mean "will let you live with them for a while, nbd" kind of care) around for guidance and getting back on one's feet for these kind of things. :)

Don't push/rush yourself too hard with everything going on Che and thanks for the update, it's great to hear from ya <3
Talexis
Shifting Adept
Shifting Adept

Postby Jon on Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:05 am

Great to hear your back on your feet. ^^ Someone once told me that life's hardships make you stronger in the end. I can't remember where I heard that but its still good to hear your doing better. :)
Jon
Shadow Shifter
Shadow Shifter

Postby Jon on Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:53 am

Been a while, doing (feeling) better now? :?: :ugeek:
Jon
Shadow Shifter
Shadow Shifter

Postby Che on Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:55 am

I'm getting there! Thank you for your concern!

(Also sorry for not responding sooner)

University is a soul sucking demon and time is a precious commodity these days. Convention season is coming up BUT SO IS SUMMER BREAK! So hopefully we can get some updates in information for you guys. I'll talk to Shadowsmyst, and she can probably make a more official announcement later.

Thanks so much for your patience, all of you!
President of the X Underboob fanclub. Buttons coming soon
Che
Shifting Adept
Shifting Adept

Postby Jon on Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:47 am

np good luck ;)
Jon
Shadow Shifter
Shadow Shifter

Return to News & Announcements