Test Locale - Pappy's Bar and Grill

These forums are for testing characters, character ideas, doing test battles, and test RPs with new people while waiting for character approvals. Nothing in here is considered official or counted into timeline. Although the standard rules apply for behavior as would apply in the main RP.

Please create new threads for your RP tests, begin with a location.

Test Locale - Pappy's Bar and Grill

Postby ReedBooth on Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:51 pm

Tucked inside a two story strip mall, on the first floor is a pub and grill, indicated by the only sign they have out front, a brightly glowing "Open" sign, indicating there is life ahead. As you enter the darkly tinted front entrance doors, you are treated to the pleasant light and background noise of a quaint, small town diner, with fancy amenities. Hardwood floors lead to the dining room, dark cherry tabletops and supple chairs greet you wherever you sit. There are many 2 or 4 seat tables around the building, many of them conveniently divided for privacy and pleasant conversation. Follow these tables out further and you are given access to their patio, open and spacious. There's not much of a view from the ground level, but it puts you behind the strip mall and away from the main roadway. Back inside, if you head deeper into the restaurant, you are greeted by a line of bar stools and brass, with a plentiful selection of drink, all tastefully displayed and kept organized. The man at the bar is in his mid 50's, thinning, white platinum hair, his build is heavyset, and his face is honest. His nametag says " Pappy", who you could only assume owns the place.

Images for reference, not to be used literally, but just for the general 'Feel' of the place.

(OOC: Okay, lets give this a shot, shall we?)
The loudest sound at the firing line is 'Click'.
"The Fountain(F. Steve Wilson)" - Pendulum
ReedBooth
Shadow Shifter
Shadow Shifter

Re: Test Locale - Pappy's Bar and Grill

Postby Lupis on Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:37 pm

((Out of Character note: To any newbies out there who may cry foul at this character, this is Joe Brenner, former Shade City PD cop, a character I've had for a long time. I don't have his character sheet up here and pending because I'm not sure what all of the changes Shadowmist will be making to shifters are. Also, on a different note, I'm going to assume that the place is Uppercity, judging by appearances. Anyway, on with the show!))

Joe grimaced, looking down at the bottom of his empty glass. The whiskey was good, sure. At least it tasted like real alcohol. These days, though, it was hard to find the real stuff, just like actual tobacco cigarettes and real meat. The whiskey was way too cheap to really be made from traditional ingredients and aged for however long in oak casks, so it was probably some synthetic imitation. He shrugged slightly to himself as the bartender poured him another drink and he took a sip. A fake, sure, but a good, convincing fake, enough to be expensive. Sort of like buying a copy of a famous piece of art. You knew that it wasn't the real thing, but it still cost enough to make you wince.

At least the lighting in here was soft. Joe took off his sunglasses, rubbing his aching eyes. He still wasn't used to the kind of stuff that sunlight would do to his eyes, and his sleep schedule still wouldn't adjust entirely to daytime activity, a fact which tended to make him grumpy, compounded by the fact that sunlight burned his eyes. At least in the Undercity it was a perpetual twilight. Up here he got the full brunt of it. Could be worse, though. The job could be taking him up to the Skyfloor. Then again, if he was headed up there, it would be real whiskey served at the bar, real tobacco in the cigars, real meat on the plates, and real, real expensive.

Joe snorted softly to himself, slipping the dark lenses back over his eyes to hide the yellow irises. Anyone who saw them would probably just figure that it was a somewhat exotic cyber job, but he'd come here to get a quiet drink after work. He didn't particularly want to attract curious eyes. Another person asking questions meant another person lied to, and Joe was sick of lies.
Until shade is gone, until water is dust, into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the last day.

-RIP Robert Jordan
Lupis
Shifter Shaman
Shifter Shaman

Postby Anthius on Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:35 am

((I hope it's not too presumptuous of me too assume that Alara and Joe know each other since before the last board went down they were both in the same MA training.))

Alara walked into the bar, as she did she moved her goggles onto her forehead. As she surveyed the room she noticed a familiar face rubbing his eyes at the bar. Alara walks over to the bar and takes the seat next to him before ordering herself a drink. The rye & cokes here were good and she wanted a good drink tonight, one of her latest designs wasen't panning out how she planned and she needed a drink and some space away from it to get a fresh look at it. After ordering the drink she turned to Joe.

"So the sunlight bother your eye's that much Joe? Should I start calling you old man?" Joe was one of the people she enjoyed talking to, the love Dr. incident when they were first using their radio's in training left a fairly good impression in her mind of his attitude with her.
And then the Archangel Anthius spoke to them saying, “Fear shall be vanquished by the Sword of Faith.”
Anthius
Shifting Adept
Shifting Adept

Postby Lupis on Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:34 pm

Joe snorted softly, though in good humor. "What, having eyes that are sensitive to light is something that happens to old people now? I might be more offended, but then I'd have to get out my walker to chase you down, and that just sounds too tiring for me." The 28-year-old smiled wryly, taking another sip of his drink. "I grew up in the Undercity and lived there pretty much all my life, and when I worked for the police department I was mostly on the night shift, which couldn't have helped. My eyes aren't used to all this Uppercity brightness." Not technically a lie, but close enough. While everything he said was true, it wasn't the reason why his eyes were so sensitive, and it was close enough to a lie to nearly make Joe squirm.
Until shade is gone, until water is dust, into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the last day.

-RIP Robert Jordan
Lupis
Shifter Shaman
Shifter Shaman

Postby ReedBooth on Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:38 pm

The door chimed lightly as Reed walked in from the busy day, his work-shift half finished, decided to come in for a bite to eat. He politely nodded to the hostess, whom had greeted him several times before, and pointed him to his usual two person table. He took no time ordering, as he usually gets the same two or three meals anyway. Within a few moments, his waitress had come and left, bringing him a soda and some silverware shortly after. Taking a few sips, he mumbled to himself as he picked out his cellphone with dirty hands, covered in the dirt and debirs from work. He flipped it open and began to read the messages he'd received over the course of the day.

This was really his only release during the workday, a safe haven where no-one could bother him or pull him aside from what he needed, or in this case, wanted to do. The thoughts in his head begin to slow down as he feels more at home, and soon enough, he flips his cellphone closed and stuffs it back in his pocket. He turns his eyes about the room, studying and observing the elements and people within it, and begins to just enjoy the moment of peace and clarity.
ReedBooth
Shadow Shifter
Shadow Shifter

Postby Anthius on Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:43 pm

Alara chuckled, "Well if using the walker is too tiring for you I could always build you a motorized one, but of course I'd build a failsafe in case you tried to chase me down with it." She took her drink as it was set down in front of her by the bartender and took a drink. "I never even considered how long you've spent down there, I like the brightness myself, colours stand out so much more." She turns back to Joe. "You'd probably get used to it if you spent more time up here, but you'll probably only come up here when a job sends you to here. Am I right?"
And then the Archangel Anthius spoke to them saying, “Fear shall be vanquished by the Sword of Faith.”
Anthius
Shifting Adept
Shifting Adept

Postby Lupis on Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:25 am

((OoC: Sorry for the delay in posting. I was kinda waiting and hoping that other people would join in here, but I guess I can't really wait any longer.))

Joe couldn't help but make a face, chuckling through it as he spoke, "Oh yeah, a walker. Don't get me wrong, I'm not that old, yet. Haven't even hit thirty." He smiled, sliding his empty glass back to the bartender. He needed another; he could already feel his buzz from the first fading. The whole healing thing was a great perk, but it was a real pain in the ass when you wanted to get pleasantly drunk to have the alcohol purged from your system. "And yeah, I'll probably only really come up here when I need to, for the job or whatever. Undercity's my home, you know? Can't just leave that behind."

Joe heard the door open, but didn't pay the new arrival any mind at first. It wasn't until he sensed another Shifter in the room that he sat up a little straighter, trying to catch the not-quite-scent, his head turning to regard Reed calmly after a moment of searching. He gave the other man a nod with a slight smile, then relaxed back down into his seat. It was usually good to know there were other Shifters about, even without needing to go over and talk with them.

-RIP Robert Jordan
Lupis
Shifter Shaman
Shifter Shaman

Postby ReedBooth on Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:18 pm

Reed had been aware of the two patrons at the bar, and even with it being the middle of the afternoon, it wasn't uncommon for folks to be there. He wasn't unaware of the 'others' presence until he saw him perk up and give him a subtle nod, and returned to his drink. It was common practice nowadays to acknowledge each others presence, so he gave a mellow two fingered wave to respond.

He figured it would be a bit before he got his food, so he got up from his seat, and walked out along the bar to the patio, where he removed his cigarettes from his pocket. The thick aroma of synthetic tobacco filled his lungs as he put his sunglasses on to block the blinding light of day outside. He walked over to the railing and leaned up against it, and watched foot traffic pass beyond the patio.
ReedBooth
Shadow Shifter
Shadow Shifter

Postby Flame Kitsune on Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:22 am

Jesse was at the mall near Pappys and decided on grabbing a burger there after one of her martial arts courses, this one was Karate, she was good, liked it, helped her focus and relax after stressful days at school. She walks in the door chiming, and heads to the bar putting her duffelbag on the floor next to the stool she its on."Hey can i have a burger with fries and a big chocolate milkshake?" She asks the waitres who notes it down."Comin right up honey, you want some desert with that? We've got fresh chocolate fudge cake." She smiled."Yes thanks."

She looks around the place, sky blue eyes semeing warm and strong with life. She brushes back a long lock of black, fiery red tipped, hair and tucks it behind her ear as she takes in the room before reaching into her bag for her Ken Follett novel Hornet Flight. She opens it at the page she was at and starts reading while she waits for her order.
Flame Kitsune
Shifting Adept
Shifting Adept

Postby CheetahDash on Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:27 pm

Zade pushed the door open and took his asked the waiter for his usual seat. He waited for his cliet to show up while sipping a water, he didn't need to pamper himself and rack up his expenses.
The door opened again and a breath of cool air blew into the restraunt. Zade looked up, it was his client. Motioning the client towards him, Zade started by asking, "So what will it be now?"

As the deal finished, the client got up and left, and Zade stuffed a fist full of dollar bills into his jacket pocket. Looking up, he decided to order something, he had gotten a nice deal today.
~Imagine running as fast as a Ferrari?
CheetahDash
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Return to Tales of Shade City Testing Grounds