Test Locale: Undercity Docks - Dobin's Warehouse

These forums are for testing characters, character ideas, doing test battles, and test RPs with new people while waiting for character approvals. Nothing in here is considered official or counted into timeline. Although the standard rules apply for behavior as would apply in the main RP.

Please create new threads for your RP tests, begin with a location.

Test Locale: Undercity Docks - Dobin's Warehouse

Postby ShadowsMyst on Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:51 am

The docks are a scary place, particularly in the ever present gloom of the undercity. Many of the warehouses, once used to store incoming shipments of goods from the outside world. One such building is a rather dubious one by the name of "Dobin's Warehouse". Some years ago, a man named Dobin Grenald murdered three girls in the warehouse. Since then the place has been largely abandoned and has fallen into disrepair. However, it is a common haunt of squatters, the homeless, the destitute, and the hunters who prey on them.

ShadowsMyst
Shifters Creator & Admin
Shifters Creator & Admin

Re: Test Locale: Undercity Docks - Dobin's Warehouse

Postby Gorble on Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:31 pm

Pam sat on one of the rusted catwalks, dangling her legs over the edge into the black void below in this particular area. Queen of Darkness indeed as if she would simply spend her time in a throne room dictating orders to the masses or eating babies in some macabre ritual. Nope that wasn't what she did, had to keep in touch with your roots and lead by example and the whims of chaos were fickle indeed at times.

She leaned back drinking in the aura of taint that permeated the area.
"Why do angels always look like that?"
-Room mate
"God isn't very inventive."
-Me
Gorble
Queen of Darkness
Queen of Darkness

Postby Lupis on Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:08 am

((OoC: Gorble's post looked so lonely all by itself, here, so I had to chime in.))

"Hey there Little Red Riding Hood, you sure are lookin' good, you're everything that a big, bad wolf could want..." Judas grinned, humming and singing a little to himself as he walked along. He'd had a gig earlier in the night, his adrenaline was still high...the fangirls afterward were very fun as well. Some proved a little enthusiastic, and the concert had left him thirsty. The vampire licked a bit of blood off of his claws as he strode along, tail twitching back and forth. It was strange, so many of these kids read crappy vampire romance novels and imagined vampires as beautiful, ancient, sex-god-like figures. It could almost make Judas laugh. He'd always hated that image of vampires, even before he'd been made one himself. He was the real deal, strong, fast, brutal...and at the top of the food chain in every way.

He'd had to kill her, of course. There were enough problems in the Undercity without creating new vampires left and right. Too many, and people might start to catch on that there was more in Heaven and Earth than dreamt of in their philosophies. Plus, Judas hadn't really fed in a long time, and it had just felt so good to let go, feel her squirm in his claws as he bit down...the lupine vampire shivered at the memory, licking his already-clean talons at the memory of it. It was something he couldn't indulge in too often, but the anticipation made it all the better.

Even so, he had to be careful, which was what brought him to Docks tonight. SynthMeat Inc. had a processing plant down here, and nobody would be able to tell what was her and what was the plant's waste in the dumpster out back. With the deed done, he was too keyed-up to rejoin his bandmates, so he found himself taking a bit of a walk, his steps guiding him through the old, abandoned warehouse. "What big eyes you have, the kind of eyes that'll drive wolves mad..."
Until shade is gone, until water is dust, into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the last day.

-RIP Robert Jordan
Lupis
Shifter Shaman
Shifter Shaman

Postby Orev on Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:49 am

((OOC: You guys look a little lonely there without easy food? Anyway... I have no idea where I'll go with this, but feel free to mess with my character. I'm going to run on the assumption that since this is a test roleplay, nothing affects them in the overall world? Correct me if I'm wrong, please.))

There will always be a time when people need to go somewhere quiet and vent. Daniel was perilously close to his breaking point, and with multiple performances in the coming week, he felt like he would snap unless he got something done on his latest composition. Work and rehearsals had kept him from the thing for almost a month now.

The docks were usually quiet at night, and that was what Daniel needed. Sleep became hard to come by, and frequenting Dobin's Warehouse gave Daniel the privacy he needed to think clearly late at night. Most of the time. Still, the warehouse fit the mood of the song he was working on, scattered in front of him, almost twenty pages of filled staves, with three times as much to go before the song was anywhere near finished. Ideas flew through his head, but nothing fit the tale. Not being able to work on his own things during the day was a given, but if he could not concentrate at night, then something was wrong with him or the location. Daniel lay back against a stack of wood, chewing on the back of his pencil for a while before gathering his music into a neat pile and swapping it for a sketchbook from his bag. He would get something finished tonight...
Did you want a witty comment?
Orev
Shifting Adept
Shifting Adept

Postby Suicidal Lady on Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:50 am

Jez had never really liked the docks. In fact, he hated them. There were too many shadows, too many dirty people, too many"dead" people. Before, he would never have come down here, there was no reason. Even Dr. Gerald never bothered making calls down here. Jez never would come down here if he could help it.

But he couldn't. Maki said she wanted more animals. Sure, she was being supplied plenty of creatures to do with as she pleased, but she still wasn't satisfied. Recently she had started complaining that the "souls" she was "saving" weren't varied enough. She muttered something about wanting different memories and then set upon Jez.

It had taken Jez awhile to figure out what she was saying, but eventually he understood that she wanted animals from different areas. Not wanting to bother Pam or any one else about getting animals from different places, Jez had taken it upon himself. Going out to different places in the Undercity, Jez had hired several squatters to catch animals for him to deliver to Maki. Tonight was pick-up night for him at Dobin's Warehouse, and he hoped he could find his squatter quickly and head out.

Jez peered at each squatter from a safe distance, looking for his own ragged man. It looked to him though, that the particular one he had hired wasn't out tonight, and he was becoming increasingly annoyed.
~Reach for the moon, because if you miss, at least you'll be among the stars.
If this sig looks blue to you, you are moving towards your screen to fast
*Physics humor, couldn't help myself*
Suicidal Lady
Shifting Champion
Shifting Champion

Postby Gorble on Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:53 pm

Pam moves flicking her hair to the side as she hears an interesting little tune and catches just a wiff of vampire flavored taint. Her steel toed boots rang loudly in the open space as she skipped along the catwalk. "These are my friends, see how they glisten? See this one shine, how he smiles in the light, My friends, my faithful friends..."

Her voice echoing in the darkness as she headed toward Judas. The other vampire would become easily aware of it as a veritable wave of vampiric taint rolled over and around him.

"Speak to me, friend; whisper, I'll listen.
I know, I know, you've been locked out of sight
All these years! Like me, my friend!
Well, I've come home -- to find you waiting!
Home, and we're together...
And we'll do wonders...
Won't we...?"
-Room mate
-Me
Gorble
Queen of Darkness
Queen of Darkness

Postby Lupis on Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:37 pm

Judas blinked, a brow rising slightly as he heard a voice echoing through the decrepit warehouse, a smile tugging at his lips as he sensed the taint rolling off the presumed source in waves. Another vampire? Best to be cautions, perhaps. He'd met only a few vamps, but he didn't get the feeling that vampires went for the "group" thing a lot of the time. More solitary predators...

He chuckled as he heard the song more clearly, Judas changing his own song.

"There's a hole in the world like a great black pit
and it's filled with people who are filled with shit!
And the vermin of the world inhabit it..."
Until shade is gone, until water is dust, into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the last day.

-RIP Robert Jordan
Lupis
Shifter Shaman
Shifter Shaman

Postby Gorble on Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:56 am

Pam tilted her head sharply and stopped singing. Her voice crackled out sharply as she sang back, "Smoke! Smoke! Sign of the devil, sign of the devil, set it on fire. Witch! Witch! Smell it sir, an evil smell, every night at the Vespers' bell, smoke that comes from the mouth of hell, set it on fire. MIschief! Mischief! Mischief!"

Her footsteps came in rapid staccato as they approached Judas. She was above him but not for long as the steps stopped and in the darkness came the rustle of cloth as she leaped across an expanse. Her boots slammed harsh and loud against another metal gantry. Still above him but much closer, he could make her out probably.
-Room mate
-Me
Gorble
Queen of Darkness
Queen of Darkness

Postby Orev on Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:25 am

((OOC: Sorry to do this to you, but I'm confused as to locations. Are we all in the same room, and if not, how far apart are the characters?))
Did you want a witty comment?
Orev
Shifting Adept
Shifting Adept

Postby Gorble on Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:03 pm

OOC: Warehouses are pretty big places so it is possible that we aren't all in the same room together, though it is quite likely that we are aware of people singing. It's also probably a very dark poorly lit area some of us less nocturnal folks may be having some trouble even seeing each other even if we were in the same room.
-Room mate
-Me
Gorble
Queen of Darkness
Queen of Darkness

Next

Return to Tales of Shade City Testing Grounds