So found the forums.....

Introduce yourself to your fellow patrons. We'd like to get to know you!

So found the forums.....

Postby CameraGuy34 on Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:51 pm

Last edited by CameraGuy34 on Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
CameraGuy34

Re: So found the forums.....

Postby Gorble on Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:14 pm

Well congrats on finding your way here.
"Why do angels always look like that?"
-Room mate
"God isn't very inventive."
-Me
Gorble
Queen of Darkness
Queen of Darkness

Postby CameraGuy34 on Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:29 pm

CameraGuy34

Postby ShadowsMyst on Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:08 pm

Always glad to see a peep coming back from years ago, (thank you old bookmark!)

We are working on trying to get the RP as accessible as we can while keeping the quality of RP high. If you have questions please ask them!
ShadowsMyst
Shifters Creator & Admin
Shifters Creator & Admin

Postby CameraGuy34 on Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:15 pm

Thanks. I was wondering actually, becuase you can't start a character as a shifter, once I start a character how exactly would I make him a shifter?
CameraGuy34

Postby Gorble on Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:31 pm

Basically you gain the xp(through rp, etc.) to apply the shifter template so to speak (mind you this is still a work in progress system) apply for the change to a GM. Assuming approval of such a character change then likely you both get to work out a nice rp scene of the event that causes his calling that makes him an actual shifter.

Uncalled shifters aren't any different than the average joe other than the potential that a Dream God might answer their silent call for help someday and give them the bond animal, etc.

So basically like all characters you make them human first for a reason. After all every race available to a player starts as a human at some point.
-Room mate
-Me
Gorble
Queen of Darkness
Queen of Darkness

Postby CameraGuy34 on Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:34 pm

Ok sweet, *puts creative hat on* can you give me some examples of a shifter being given its bond animal I'm gonna try for originality but i'm probably gonna fail miserably....
CameraGuy34

Postby Gorble on Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:23 am

Frankly I don't have any good examples. I've always played on the more Chaos side of things. The calling is usually set off by trauma either physical but usually highly emotional as well, thus the reason why most shifters get called in their early teens. Before the human first rule was applied we had quite a few shifters that were all called as part of their backstory. I had a character make the transition, mostly due to high emotions at the time from being confronted by a shifter as well as being told that she's evil. So unstable and high emotional state leading for a silent cry for help = calling in her case.

With the slight shifts and cementing of canon the whole bond aspect would probably play out a bit different now. Which would be much cooler than pain=transformation scene.

Also you'll have to forgive me but we're moving past introductions and well into a topic that more rightly belongs in the Universe and RP forums.
-Room mate
-Me
Gorble
Queen of Darkness
Queen of Darkness

Postby CameraGuy34 on Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:45 am

No problem, i'll go start a thread.
CameraGuy34

Return to Introductions