So here we are

Introduce yourself to your fellow patrons. We'd like to get to know you!

So here we are

Postby Koreth on Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:17 pm

Greetings, fellow Shifters fans. Yet another soul has registered here on the forums with the intent of sticking around to chat it up about the comic and other things as well. I've never been particularly good at forum introductions, preferring instead to gradually stop lurking, so this may come across as forced and clumsy, or creepyweird, but here goes anyway.

I'm a mid-late 20s male, I like computers, video games, tabletop games, role-playing, music, anime, comics, and probably a few other things that I'm spacing out on right now. You know - typical geek.

About a month ago, Shifters and Shadowsmyst were mentioned on an IRC network where I roleplay. Not knowing anything about either, I didn't think anything of it and promptly forgot about it. But then a week ago the name Shadowsmyst came to mind and I found myself wondering just who this Shadowsmyst person is, and why the name sounded familiar. Go Go Gadget Google! I found an entry on TherianWiki which stated Shadsowsmyst was the author of a web comic called Shifters.

Hey, webcomics! I like those! Shifters, that sounds familiar. Another Google search finds the current site and the old one on Comic Genesis. I gobbled up the archives of The Beast Within in about a day. Wow. This isn't just another werewolf or vampire comic, this is something unique and very cool. The premise, the world, the characters - all of it - fascinates and intrigues me. I'm excited that the comic is coming back, and am eager to see what direction the story goes once the comic re-launches. There's a cool story to be had here, and I do love a well-told story.

After chiding myself missing this comic when I was haunting the Alternation forums back when I was reading Black Tapestries and Foxfire Chronicles (seriously? how the heck did I miss this two/three years ago?), I decided to register here and see how things were going in the Shifters community/fandom. Webcomics are cool, but sometimes the communities that spring up around them are enjoyable in their own right. And from the looks of things, you guys have an RP going as well. I've always been more of a IRC or tabletop RP kinda guy, but the setting is definitely intriguing enough that I'm willing to give it a shot.
Koreth
Shifting Adept
Shifting Adept

Re: So here we are

Postby Gorble on Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:22 pm

Welcome aboard, always glad to see someone potentially interested in the rp and not just the webcomic.
"Why do angels always look like that?"
-Room mate
"God isn't very inventive."
-Me
Gorble
Queen of Darkness
Queen of Darkness

Re: So here we are

Postby ShadowsMyst on Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:05 pm

Yeah.... a lot of people missed Shifters I think in the Alternation Forums. I don't know why, but I seem to have this tenancy to be overlooked. I'm not sure if its just because I'm short or what. :P

Considering that Shifters was actually originally designed to be a tabletop RP environment, it lends itself well to RP in general. XD I also have a strong tabletop background and I'm currently trying to find ways of bringing some of that into the forum RP to make it work a little more smoothly than it has in the past.

But we are always eager to see new players interested!
ShadowsMyst
Shifters Creator & Admin
Shifters Creator & Admin

Return to Introductions