Meow?!... Oh Hello

Introduce yourself to your fellow patrons. We'd like to get to know you!

Meow?!... Oh Hello

Postby WikedKity on Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:49 am

Hello I'm Wiked Kity (2 words or one, your choice)

I discovered Shifters back on keenspace and was uber excited for the reboot! I am a big fan and a bit of a geek when it comes to were-myths and leeches. I will admit though, I am a big were-fan first!

'Til I discovered Shifters I was quite disappointed that I only found a decent type of shifter story that wasn't a sappy romance... Nothin' against them, but I need more meat with my stories... :P
Never piss off a Cat... For you are soft and a wonderful Scratching Post! Besides, you have to sleep sometime! -Me
WikedKity
Shifty Novice
Shifty Novice

Re: Meow?!... Oh Hello

Postby Talexis on Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:42 pm

Hey there, welcome to the forums! I'm in the same boat as you, there simply weren't many if any good were-like themed webcomics out there, which was why Shifters stood out so much with its universe, not even mentioning the illustration, which really sealed the deal for me. Once again, welcome aboard the forums Wicked Kity, we're glad to have you around for the reboot! :)
Talexis
Shifting Adept
Shifting Adept

Postby Anthius on Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:47 pm

Always good to see new faces here.

Welcome.
And then the Archangel Anthius spoke to them saying, “Fear shall be vanquished by the Sword of Faith.”
Anthius
Shifting Adept
Shifting Adept

Postby Jae87 on Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:38 pm

Welcome to the forums!

I'm with you- I don't understand why vampires must be associates with romances. They're blood-sucking monsters and deserve deeper plots than that. I'm currently writing a book with Vampires, Werewolves, and Hunters, but it's certainly not a love story (though love does exist in the book, of course- just not in any way the primary theme).

I'm glad you found us again since the relaunch. Updates have been consistent for several months now with no sign of stopping, and with Mysti's help we've got the beauty of full color. :) Hope you enjoy your stay, and do your part at keeping the forums alive!
--Jae

First, click this link to give me Shifter-Coins.

Then, feel free to read the first two chapters of my book, Blood Moon: The Blue Vampire, by clicking here.
You can also visit the grave of my old webcomic, Linnyanie, or the wasteland of my DeviantArt page.
Jae87
Shifting Adept
Shifting Adept

Postby Daggertooth on Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:49 pm

Glad to have you here.

I agree that there seems to be a paucity of interesting and entertaining were-stories. I think that goes into almost every genera too. I do like some Vampire movies, but for the most part almost every vampire and werewolf movie I've seen has been lacking.

I don't know much about books, but I've really enjoyed Patricia Briggs' Mercy Thompson novels.

um...what do you mean by leeches?
Daggertooth
Shifting Adept
Shifting Adept

Return to Introductions