Hello everyone

Introduce yourself to your fellow patrons. We'd like to get to know you!

Hello everyone

Postby Wolves on Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:47 pm

Hi everyone, I'm the new kid on the forum and just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I found shifters in the middle of the school year and thought it was awesome to see that the world hadn't been entirely been abbsorbed by that whole twilight phase. Anyways, I enjoyed the comic and have been reding it since.
I'm the stereotypical high school nerd and can often be found working on computers, building obserd contraptions and playing dungeons and dragons and vampires: the masquerade. I'm also an enthusiastic gamer on pc and less and less, the Xbox as I build my new pc.
I'm glad to be joining the forums and wish you all a good night( or morning, or afternoon, depending on your country). :mrgreen:
Wolves
Shifty Novice
Shifty Novice

Re: Hello everyone

Postby Lupis on Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:07 am

Ahh, high school...I first found Shifters back in high school also. But goddamn, thinking that makes me feel old now...

Welcome! It's easy to not get absorbed by Twilight idiocy when you predate Twilight probably by a decade or so...
Until shade is gone, until water is dust, into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the last day.

-RIP Robert Jordan
Lupis
Shifter Shaman
Shifter Shaman

Postby Gorble on Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:53 am

Welcome aboard. Indeed we could care less about glitter vamps and their books/movies.

So which addition of D&D or are you playing Pathfinder?
"Why do angels always look like that?"
-Room mate
"God isn't very inventive."
-Me
Gorble
Queen of Darkness
Queen of Darkness

Postby Wolves on Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:36 pm

I'm pretty sure were playing version 2.4.3
Wolves
Shifty Novice
Shifty Novice

Postby Daggertooth on Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:43 pm

Good to have fresh blood. I remember being a high school nerd...chess club president and all that. But that was a while ago...back with floppy disks.
Daggertooth
Shifting Adept
Shifting Adept

Postby Lupis on Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:02 am

Ahh, to be back in the good old days...when jokes were made about "hard drives" and "three-and-a-half-inch floppies..."

I never joined up with the Chess Club back then. Too conformist. My friends and I hung out behind the classrooms, looking around suspiciously, playing Magic: the Gathering.
Until shade is gone, until water is dust, into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the last day.

-RIP Robert Jordan
Lupis
Shifter Shaman
Shifter Shaman

Postby Anthius on Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:25 am

Welcome to the forums.

Ahh yes the high school days.

I grew up in a small town, no chess club to join. I was a band geek though. and during free periods found empty classrooms to play Magic with my friends.

I never actually got a solid DnD game going until after highschool for some reason though. Was always hard to find someone willing to GM.
And then the Archangel Anthius spoke to them saying, “Fear shall be vanquished by the Sword of Faith.”
Anthius
Shifting Adept
Shifting Adept

Postby Lupis on Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:51 pm

I actually managed to get right back in with my gaming group just the other day! Playing the Paladin with an emphasis on firearms is entirely too much fun. Pathfinder is excellent.

-RIP Robert Jordan
Lupis
Shifter Shaman
Shifter Shaman

Postby Jae87 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:22 pm

Lupis wrote:Ahh, high school...I first found Shifters back in high school also. But goddamn, thinking that makes me feel old now....

...Now I feel old too. I think I was a freshmen when I found Shifters... either that or middle school.

Anyway, enough about me and my age..! Seriously, enough! :evil: Let's talk about you, youngster! Welcome to the forums! We hope you enjoy your stay.

Also... D&D 3.5 is the best.
--Jae

First, click this link to give me Shifter-Coins.

Then, feel free to read the first two chapters of my book, Blood Moon: The Blue Vampire, by clicking here.
You can also visit the grave of my old webcomic, Linnyanie, or the wasteland of my DeviantArt page.
Jae87
Shifting Adept
Shifting Adept

Postby drakanor on Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:47 am

I am beginning to think that most of us are in our late 20's at this point ... myself included. Also welcome to the forum. A bit late I know but at least it wasn't 'never.'
drakanor
Shifting Adept
Shifting Adept

Next

Return to Introductions