Afflicted

Discussion, reviews, and general chit chat about our favorite forms of moving picture entertainment. Aside from flipbooks that is.

Afflicted

Postby Gorble on Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:09 am

A decent movie that follows a pair of friends setting out on a blog documenting trip around the world. Then one of them has an altercation with a woman he picked up in a bar. They continue their journey as the friend slowly turns and discovers that he's become a vampire. Enjoyable for number of purely physical things the vampires did in it. There isn't anything overly magical in the portrayal. So no mists or mind control. I only decided to watch it after I saw a preview for it on another rented movie as the RedBox description was rather unappealing to me, which sounded more like some sort of Cabin Fever sort of "I got the plague bro!"

For those that hate the camera is in the movie bit (Blair Witch, Chronichles) and the often shaky cam that results then be warned this movie is probably not for you.

I will say I like the vampires and the rules they give them. At least the rules that I can infer from what I've seen. I would be somewhat curious to see what could be done with the plot of the movie further down the road ala sequel or novelization.
"Why do angels always look like that?"
-Room mate
"God isn't very inventive."
-Me
Gorble
Queen of Darkness
Queen of Darkness

Return to Anime, TV & Movies