Japanese Gore

Discussion, reviews, and general chit chat about our favorite forms of moving picture entertainment. Aside from flipbooks that is.

Japanese Gore

Postby Gorble on Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:16 pm

Well I'm not sure that's the proper term for the genre of films I've slowly started looking over, but it's what I call it.

It started with the movie 'Machine Girl'
Japanese Schoolgirl with a gatling gun arm prosthetic. Lots of killing and absurd amounts of blood. That of course led me to the next movie in this sort of genre after my roommate got Netflix.

'Tokyo Gore Police'
Awesomely gorey and ridiculous. This movie cemented itself as an insane fun romp when the main character uses a rocket launcher to get up to the top of a building in one of the first scenes of the movie. Yes the char pretty much rocket jumps. That and the first fight is a chainsaw duel.

From there I moved onto suggested titles looking for movies just as loveable, laughable, and insane.

'Ichi the Killer'
While certainly bloody and crazy was not as enjoyable to me I think due to the pacing and somewhat convoluted plot points.

'Hard Revenge Milly' & "Hard Revenge Milly: Bloody Battle'
A housewife turned killer cyborg stalks across a post apocalyptic world on a quest for revenge. The second movie has people seeking revenge hunt her in turn. The fighting is pretty crazy and the second movie introduces silly weapons such as a pair of tonfas that combine into a gun and laser-sighted gun-chuks.

'Vampire Girl vs. Frankenstein Girl'
It's like the insanity of 'Tokyo Gore Police' got even more ridiculous and was weaponized. It's almost too much in a way, but I still found it enjoyable enough in its sheer lunacy. Still I think it probably went too far in some places, though for the life of me I don't know where that would be.
"Why do angels always look like that?"
-Room mate
"God isn't very inventive."
-Me
Gorble
Queen of Darkness
Queen of Darkness

Return to Anime, TV & Movies