Last of the Dogmen

Discussion, reviews, and general chit chat about our favorite forms of moving picture entertainment. Aside from flipbooks that is.

Last of the Dogmen

Postby Daggertooth on Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:03 pm

So one of my favorite movies has been added to Netflix. Last of the Dogmen is a romantasized cowboy story set in todays time. A cowboy is recruited to track down a bunch of escaped criminals who fled deep into the wilderness. He gets close to the criminals, but as he sneaks up on them in a foggy morning he kinda seems them get killed by what looks like indians. Evidence suggests that they were indians, and authentic too, but that should be impossible. He can't let the issue go, so when he gets back to civilization he digs up rumors about a band of elite indian warriors, the dogmen, who escaped relocation almost a hundred years ago. It's an enticing possibility and he, with the help of a local anthopologist, goes to investigate this possibility.

IMDb gives it a 6.6 out of 10 rating, which confuses me because I'd give it a 9. Maybe I'm just a sucker for this kind of movie. It wasn't produced very widely and DVD's and VHS of the movie are very hard to find. Prices have gone down from the last I looked it up, but a Region 1 DVD can still cost upwards of $75 dollars.

If you are in the mood for a cowboy story with mystery and romance, I'd give this a go.
Daggertooth
Shifting Adept
Shifting Adept

Return to Anime, TV & Movies