Left 4 Dead

Remember rolling dice with buddies with stacks of books, pizza, and caffinated beverages? No? Perhaps then you remember lan parties leveling with your WoW peeps, or maybe you just like to play solo on your console of choice. Whatever that may be, any form of game, lets talk about it.

Left 4 Dead

Postby Anthius on Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:19 pm

So does anyone else here play L4D?

Man intense zombie game. I really can't wait for them to add more senario's

For those who don't know the game is largly a Co Op game with extra emphasis on Co Op. You die very quickly alone but 4 people working together can pretty much anything the AI director or other players in vs mode can throw at you.

The basis of the game is you're part of a group of 4 survivors that for whatever reason are immune to the infection that has basically turned everyone into zombies. and you have to fight your way through the city or where ever they're stuck based on the senario you're in to a rescue spot. For those who haven't played it and might be interested I don't want to ruin anything about what the zombies are like but all i can say is. Best zombie game ever!
And then the Archangel Anthius spoke to them saying, “Fear shall be vanquished by the Sword of Faith.”
Anthius
Shifter Elite
Shifter Elite

Re: Left 4 Dead

Postby Gorble on Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:53 am

Indeed I've played with a roommate on hardest mode on the first scenario. We always died in the subway or in the warehouse not soon after. Played through it with bots on easy and made it. The second one I failed as I had to go back to retrieve that damn veteran character. The bot got stuck in all the trees and then swarmed. Then I went to save him and got bogged down in turn and that's all she wrote when the tank thundered in. I love it since the safe room is the only safe place to stop. If you hang out in a cleared out area long enough you'll simply get attacked and probably swarmed again. It's a zombie apocalypse game that feels like a zombie apocalypse game.
"Why do angels always look like that?"
-Room mate
"God isn't very inventive."
-Me
Gorble
Queen of Darkness
Queen of Darkness

Postby Lupis on Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:16 am

Endless hordes of zombies.

Unlimited ammo (at least with pistols).

Explosives.

Bring three friends.

How can you go wrong?
Until shade is gone, until water is dust, into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the last day.

-RIP Robert Jordan
Lupis
Shifter Shaman
Shifter Shaman

Postby Tsureai on Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:18 pm

Loved watching people play this game. Especially when it lets you play as the zombies.
Que miras, cuando la luz se va?
Tsureai
Daughter of the DarkStar
Daughter of the DarkStar

Postby Che on Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:11 pm

If anyone is ever interested in playing a game of Left4Dead 1 or 2, feel free to give me a message! I love L4D <3

I might not be like... the best of players, but I do like to have fun :D
President of the X Underboob fanclub. Buttons coming soon
Che
Shifting Adept
Shifting Adept

Postby Lunaticked on Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:30 pm

I'm always up for L4D! I'm...pretty good, but I kind of enjoy playing with less good people. Keeps things interesting!

Not a huge Versus fan, but I think that's because I grew jaded by it during the 'exploit of the week' phase of multiplayer. Ruined it for me.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Lunaticked Add me!
Lunaticked
Shifter Darkly
Shifter Darkly

Postby Che on Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:10 pm

If there's anyone else that would be interested in playing, I'd like to start playing more often X3
President of the X Underboob fanclub. Buttons coming soon
Che
Shifting Adept
Shifting Adept

Return to Gaming Central