Skyrim

Remember rolling dice with buddies with stacks of books, pizza, and caffinated beverages? No? Perhaps then you remember lan parties leveling with your WoW peeps, or maybe you just like to play solo on your console of choice. Whatever that may be, any form of game, lets talk about it.

Re: Skyrim

Postby Suicidal Lady on Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:22 pm

Bubbanator505 wrote:FOR THE STORMCLOAKS!!!!!

*Decapitates General Tullius head*

Seriously? You support those Nordic Supremacists? As a Dunmir (or Kahjiit if I'm playing with heavy weapons and armor), I could not support a movement that wanted to kill me. The first time a nord passed by and threw a dark elf joke at me, I was like... all pity lost. Ulfric your head is mine.
~Reach for the moon, because if you miss, at least you'll be among the stars.
If this sig looks blue to you, you are moving towards your screen to fast
*Physics humor, couldn't help myself*
Suicidal Lady
Shifting Champion
Shifting Champion

Postby Bubbanator505 on Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:38 pm

Theres really no good choices in Skyrim. It's like making a choice between Communists and Fascists. Their are both a different type of evil.

The Empire is crumbling militarily, economically and and religiously. As for the Dunmir... How would you feel if I came to your country (from Mexico for example) and tried to impose my beliefs into you? You would naturally oppose it. You want them to assimilate peacefully into your culture and peacefully share. In the books it says that the Dunmirs arrogance made the Dunmir bull rush and forcefully reject Nordic beliefs.

Also how the hell is an Emperor who never set foot in Skyrim (Unless you do the Black Brotherhood then he finally tries to stop the conflict) know the needs of it's people? I support Skyrims independence, but I don't support either faction 100%.

The empire is dead. Time to cut off the cancer from the source. Death to Thalmor!
Bubbanator505
Shifting Adept
Shifting Adept

Postby Suicidal Lady on Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:14 pm

That still does not justify the treatment of the Kahjiit and Argonians. Ya some of 'em are druggies/bad people, but the nordic's racism is ridiculous. Plus, if the nords seceded, then that would leave them weakened enough for the Thalmor to step in and REALLY crush them and stamp out Talos worship. Crazy fanatics :/

Besides, while I sided with the Imperials, I certainly did not support the Emperor. Only true emperor is a Septim, and since their all gone, I had no qualms joining the imperials and then killing their emperor. I only wish I had joined them AFTER I had killed the emperor. I really wonder what my oath would have been, since you have to swear loyalty to the current emperor.

Also, did anyone else play Sheogoraths daedric quest and listen carefully to everything he says? He implies that he is the Champion of Cyrodiil and that the Shimmering Isles expansion is cannon in the history, which gave me a huge kick.
Suicidal Lady
Shifting Champion
Shifting Champion

Postby Bubbanator505 on Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:31 pm

So you focused on the racism aspect of the stormcloaks. That's it? Out of all the crimes that the Empire has done against skyrim: mass executions, religious bans, selling people to the Thalmor because they are "Talos worshippers (False accusations), exaggerating taxes without benefits, hell they even burnt a whole town down to blame it on the Stormcloaks, etc.

Just because they are racist does not make them more evil. The empire by far has done worse crimes to Skyrim, to their people and to themselves. It's over. The Empire is going to collapse.

Besides the new novel they came out with Skyrim confirms Storcloaks win the war. Not only that, but while the Empire collapses fursther (More rebel uprisings, famines, natural disasters) the Nords thrive so much that the Thalmor attack Skyrim and lose because the worse winter in over a century went over skyrim. No survivors for the Thalmor.
Bubbanator505
Shifting Adept
Shifting Adept

Postby Suicidal Lady on Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:32 pm

Dude, the Stormcloaks were talking about killing every elf in Skyrim once they took over. Mass genocide right there. And it was all Ulfric's fault that Talos' worship REALLY got stomped on. If he had just, I dunno, planned things out a little better, the Thalmor wouldn't have decided to start offing everyone.

And really? Aaaaw, I did not want them to win! I really like some of the imperial characters who get killed if you are a stormcloak. Well whatevs. It will be interesting to see the setting of the next game. Wonder if it will be in Kajhiit land? They got NO love in this game. I was kinda irritated that you couldn't even marry a Kahjiit. Or maybe the Argonian homeland. They got just as little attention, but at least they were allowed in cities.
Suicidal Lady
Shifting Champion
Shifting Champion

Postby Bubbanator505 on Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:54 pm

Good news is that the expansions have the Dunmir, Cyrrodil, Blackmarsh and Misty Isles.

And IDK Khajits sucked in this game. All their benefits were meh. Just brighten the screen and wear heavy armor and you got all the benefits.

And FYI the Thalmor are slowly beginning to deserve a genocide. The wiped out 55% of the Bosmer race when they annexed their homelands. AND THEY ARE STILL DOING PURGES! Ulfric did the right thing by standing up to his beliefs. Yes he wanted power (What else are wars for?), but he knew that if he did not make a stand then Nordic culture would be wiped out.

Lastly the only person of importance that dies in Stormcloak side is Tullius. Elise still lives and is still the Jarl of Solitude. She only had to swear fealty to Ulfric. Every other Jarl got imprisoned and then let go after Ulfric consolidated his power. All Imperial Jarls were returned to the Empire with a message declaring full independence.

In further question. I spared Parthunax. I gave the Blades the Finger when they told me to kill my only dragon ally. :twisted:
Bubbanator505
Shifting Adept
Shifting Adept

Postby Lupis on Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:18 am

Yeah...I kind of lost sympathy for the Stormcloaks when I found out that the High King who Ulfric had killed was a kid. I understand that Ulfric challenged him, and by the ancient laws of Skyrim, the challenge was valid and everything was done according to the law...but Ulfric manipulated the system, and threw Skyrim into chaos just so that he would have the chance of coming out on top, and he shows absolutely no regret that he killed a child to do it. As much as legally it was a challenge, for all intents and purposes, it was murder.

Throw in that I like playing Khajit, and weird and wacky races in general (just ask my D&D group), the Stormcloaks' overt racism is a bitter pill to swallow. As much as the Empire are jerks, it seems like it stems from them having their collective asses handed to them by the Aldmeri Dominion and the continued dominance of the Thalmor. It's not really by their own choice. The Stormcloaks, on the other hand, are a pack of xenophobic muscleheads, where if the Gray Quarter is any indication of what Skyrim will be like under their rule, I want no part of it.

Ask me what I would do, given the opportunity? Unite Skyrim under my own rule (could probably kick both Ulfric's and Tullius's asses anyway). Take the vacated throne of the assassinated Emperor for my own. After all, a power vacuum has to be filled, and who better to do that than the Dragonborn, one gifted in the Thu'um as Tiber Septim I was? Then, use my combined army of Nords and Imperials to crush the Aldmeri dominion (or just assassinate their leadership quietly. You know, whatever works). Rule justly thenceforth.

Heck, following that plan, could probably wind up a god, just like Septim did.
Until shade is gone, until water is dust, into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the last day.

-RIP Robert Jordan
Lupis
Shifter Shaman
Shifter Shaman

Postby Bubbanator505 on Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:39 am

Dude the "kid" was 20 years old. No matter what though the Stormcloaks did win the war. And in a way the Empire did need to have a boot up their ass so that they can do things right now.

But really in the end I agree with Lupis on that I wish I could kill both of them and rule the empire. I would make it more into a republic so that each culture would stay independent, but united under a single cause.....me. And I would rule the empire in a Iron fist of justice.
Bubbanator505
Shifting Adept
Shifting Adept

Postby Suicidal Lady on Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:13 pm

Bubbanator505 wrote:Good news is that the expansions have the Dunmir, Cyrrodil, Blackmarsh and Misty Isles.

WHAT!?! Nononononononooooo! I have to wait till THE END OF FRIGGIN SUMMER til I go back home and my brother brings his x-box and lets me play. This is going to drive me nuts!!!

Also, I wonder if the Emperor's assassination stays cannon in the plot of the Elder Scrolls. It would be nifty if it did. I mean, the stuff from the old dark brotherhood stayed cannon. Though I wonder if that implies that the hero was the one doing it, or someone else.
Suicidal Lady
Shifting Champion
Shifting Champion

Postby Lunaticked on Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:45 am

Bubbanator505 wrote:Besides the new novel they came out with Skyrim confirms Storcloaks win the war. Not only that, but while the Empire collapses fursther (More rebel uprisings, famines, natural disasters) the Nords thrive so much that the Thalmor attack Skyrim and lose because the worse winter in over a century went over skyrim. No survivors for the Thalmor.

The novels that have come out take place before the events of Skyrim. I have neither seen nor heard of any book that is post-skyrim. If such a thing exists, please give me some kind of reference or link, otherwise SL should disregard pretty much everything you've said so far.

Suicidal Lady, as far as things go, there is no canon winner of the Skyrim civil war. I assume what Bubba has seen was some kind of well thought out fanwank somewhere online, as I've spent a fair bit of time just now trying to determine if there was, in fact, an Elder Scrolls novel released that I had somehow missed. There is not.
Lunaticked
Shifter Darkly
Shifter Darkly

Previous

Return to Gaming Central