Minecraft

Remember rolling dice with buddies with stacks of books, pizza, and caffinated beverages? No? Perhaps then you remember lan parties leveling with your WoW peeps, or maybe you just like to play solo on your console of choice. Whatever that may be, any form of game, lets talk about it.

Minecraft

Postby Che on Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:16 pm

I've been soo obsessed with it lately. Has anyone else caught the minecraft bug?
President of the X Underboob fanclub. Buttons coming soon
Che
Shifting Adept
Shifting Adept

Re: Minecraft

Postby Bubbanator505 on Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:33 pm

Nope because Ive got the skyrim bug.
Bubbanator505
Shifting Adept
Shifting Adept

Postby Gorble on Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:20 pm

I've had the bug when it was beta, then some time after it got released it sort of lost whatever hold it had. Mostly because the game just has such wasted potential after so long. Mods help, but like a lot of games it just isn't very mod friendly (though they're apparently working on that... one of the few things they're still working on for it).

I mean I was playing when Notch was like "Oh torches will go out and we'll introduce lanterns". So we got the Nether with its glowstone, an obvious eventual lantern material... and then nothing came of it. Now we have those NPC villages with their useless NPC mobs that do nothing the last time I looked.

Biggest annoyance is despite the game having a 'boss' in the Ender Dragon, the game still has no back story.

So that's my love/hate relationship with Minecraft. I love it but I hate the fact the game has just kind of been dropped by its developers. Its got so much potential, but its all been wasted. After all this time the game felt like it was released as a 'complete' product in a beta version.
"Why do angels always look like that?"
-Room mate
"God isn't very inventive."
-Me
Gorble
Queen of Darkness
Queen of Darkness

Postby Che on Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:22 pm

I just like building shit and playing around with my friends XDDDD And digging holes.
President of the X Underboob fanclub. Buttons coming soon
Che
Shifting Adept
Shifting Adept

Postby Lunaticked on Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:33 pm

I was into it for awhile, but servers I kept getting comfortable on kept getting flooded with 14 year olds or imploding in on themselves, slowly destroying my love of it.

Will still boot it up time to time, build a nice little home out of wood and grass. Feel happy.
Lunaticked
Shifter Darkly
Shifter Darkly

Return to Gaming Central