Ferrah & Kat costume contest

This is the forum for contests held off Shiftersonline.com. If you are entering a contest, please post here under the appropriate thread.

Ferrah & Kat costume contest

Postby ShadowsMyst on Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:51 am

Challenge: Draw or write up a concept for a costume for Ferrah or Kat at the Halloween party. The best costume will be used in the comic, and the contributing fan will get a prize!

The Prize: A cameo appearance in the party scene!

The contest will be judged by a panel of judges, including myself, one of our forum mods, the esteemed and twisted Gorble, and circle members Suicidal Lady, jaina and Lupis.

Entries will be judged on the quality of the entry (how clearly the costume is described or drawn), how creative the costume is, and how well it fits the personality of the character. It also has to be replicated over many pages, so while it has to be distinctive, it has to be easily redrawn over and over (so don't go too ballistic on the fine details). Also, recognizable as to what the character is.

Preference would be given for more general, non specific entries rather than anything related to specific canon of another series. Example: A generic Gangster would be preferable to a specific historical or fictional gangster.

There will be one prize per character, so it is possible for one person to win both slots or for a total of two winners (one for kat, one for ferrah) depending on the entries received.

While costumes may be somewhat risque, remember this is a HIGH SCHOOL dance. There are levels of decency expected. Make sure all bits are covered properly.

Please post your entries to this thread. :) You can link to a DA account, or use photobucket if you want to show images.

Contest closes June 30th!
ShadowsMyst
Shifters Creator & Admin
Shifters Creator & Admin

Re: Ferrah & Kat costume contest

Postby Ty007 on Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:14 pm

Im in. Sound like a ton of fun.
Ty007
Shifting Adept
Shifting Adept

Postby CameraGuy34 on Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:38 am

I can't draw to save my life but, I will write something up! Count me in.
CameraGuy34

Postby Sterling on Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:03 pm

Ferrah:
In brief, or the character she’s dressed up as: Shahrazad/Belly-Dancer

Description –
A tight fitting halter top (not bikini-style, more a short bodice/vest) with many small ‘coins’ dangling from the lower edge of it that presses and lifts her considerable... assets. Possibly with a veil or two wrapped over her shoulders. Hip-hugging lower piece with more ‘coins’ along the upper edge attached to billowing and translucent leg coverings that are slit from ankle to hip on the sides. Detached ‘sleeves’ that begin tight at the mid-bicep (more ‘coins’ there too) that billow like the pants but are not slit ending in large, loose cuffs. And, of course, a veil that’ll draw attention to her eyes.

Why I think it’ll work –
Ferrah is well endowed and curvy, these are ideal things for an outfit like that and wonderful assets for any belly-dancer. It’ll also give her a chance to show off a bit and catch the eye of the boys.

Kat:
In brief, or the character she’s dressed up as: 1920’s ‘Flapper’

Description –
A sheer, straight dress with thin straps over the shoulder that leaves most of the shoulder and arms bare. The length of the dress is just below the knee. Stockings with garters under that will show if she dances or runs. Heeled sandles and a tight fitting, very narrow brimmed, hat that covers the ears with most of her hair worn up under the hat to mimic the hairstyle. Numerous and long lines of ‘pearls’ that are worn around the neck and several bangle bracelets on each wrist.

Why I think it’ll work -
Kat’s slim figure and smaller chest set off the look of the traditional ‘boyish’ look of a ‘flapper’s’ body. The dress is light and very easy to move in, good for shifting in as well as it won’t be destroyed by a transformation.

Well, that’s what I’ve got. Love to see what others come up with.
~
Sterling

"Naive wishing for peace is the surest possible way to invite an aggressor."
Sterling
Shifter Darkly
Shifter Darkly

Postby Ty007 on Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:36 pm

O.o Talk about a quick entry Sterling.
Ty007
Shifting Adept
Shifting Adept

Postby Tsureai on Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:24 am

Damn, he beat me to it.

The theme of this costumed duo is "cross dressing".

While I imagine that actually using the name of either character would fall under some sort of copyright clause, the generic color scheme of each of them would be acceptable I think?

Ferrah = Garfield

So I see Ferrah wearing a pair of tights or stockings in orange and a large baggy sweater that's also orange with the black stripes drawn on. For accessories a large poofy orange tail with black stripes, and orange cat ears.

That in it's self would probably be enough to convey the costume concept, as well as being fairly simple to draw repeatedly. Well, make them thick stripes.

For an added level of detail some face paint could be added, to give her an orange face, whiskers, the tip of her nose pink, and some yellow eye shadow high lights.

Kat = Odie

Kat's fairly pale to begin with, so I don't think she'd need much in the way of coloration to get Odie's matte pallet. Cream colored stockings and a cream colored turtle neck would be all she'd really need, with one large black spot drawn a little over her hip. For accessories a short and thin black tail, very large and tall brown ears, and a black clown style nose.

Depending on how it turns out visually, it might make sense for Kat to have a plush tongue on like a neck tie. I'm having a little trouble visualizing that though, so it might not add much or might be a pain in the butt to draw. If the tongue just looks silly, then for sure paint her face the same cream color as the rest of the outfit.

And of course, they would have to show up to any party with lasagna. Perhaps some water pistols or a water bottle for Kat to "drool" on people with.
Que miras, cuando la luz se va?
Tsureai
Daughter of the DarkStar
Daughter of the DarkStar

Postby deepbluerenegade on Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:31 pm

Here is what I think . . .

Ferrah as a pirate.

Her hair is tied back in a bandana, a flowing shirt, tight 3/4 length pants, eyepatch, and bangles for earrings and bracelets and necklaces. Maybe a sword, depends on how anti-weapons the school is. Her shoes are boots.

Kat as a ninja.

The mask can be pulled in front of her mouth, or left hanging for ease of talking, loose pants with drape, and a utility belt with throwing stars or something. Her hair is tied back in a ponytail, toward the top of her head. Her shirt is kimono style, but stops just past her hips. Her shoes are ballet slippers.

DBR : )
deepbluerenegade
Shifter Darkly
Shifter Darkly

Postby Ty007 on Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:00 pm

http://ty-hatake1.deviantart.com/#/d3jpnvw
The outfit is not to be scene through. O//.///O How I missed the stupid ink while coloring Ill never know. LOL
http://ty-hatake1.deviantart.com/#/d3jpn44
Ty007
Shifting Adept
Shifting Adept

Postby Lunaticked on Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:04 pm

For Ferrah? Considering the B-Movie love, she should go that route.

An old school, cheesy robot outfit. Venting duct arms, cardboard box body painted silver, ridiculous antennae, flashlight duct taped to the head. An all around awkward and silly thing. It screams B-movie, it's in a highschooler's budget and can be a thing of adoration or complete regret once being worn.

For bonus points, cover it in toilet paper and call it a robo-mummy.

Kat...Zombie nurse. Not sexy zombie nurse, simply zombie nurse. My brain's been on Silent Hill a bit, so that's probably why I'm thinking of this. Can go old style nurses outfit, or make it more modern with just scrubs and such, but of course dirty it, bloody it, zombie makeup on the skin, and for the heck of it...an eyepatch with a fake eye dangling from it.
Lunaticked
Shifter Darkly
Shifter Darkly

Postby Talexis on Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:56 pm

Ferrah...As a viking barbarian.
I don't know why, but I've always been reminded of a barbarian viking personality when I see Ferrah go into fights(Probably because of the Ferrah vs. Holly fight). So here's a barbarian Ferrah...or Ferbarian, if you will. Yes, I do know Vikings were never barbarians or never used horned helmets, etc, but hey, stereotypes!
http://www.sheezyart.com/art/view/2424044/
Andddd apologies, I'm not good at all at drawing faces, much less anatomical anatomy.
Talexis
Shifting Adept
Shifting Adept

Return to Contests