Shifters Hall of Shame

Forum for the specific discussion of the Shifters webcomic. Ask questions, post comments, fan art/stories, and that sort of thing here.

Re: Shifters Hall of Shame

Postby Sterling on Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:16 pm

Here.
I made this.
I think it applies to people who want to paly a Kinsmir.

That is all.
~
Sterling

"Naive wishing for peace is the surest possible way to invite an aggressor."
Sterling
Shifter Darkly
Shifter Darkly

Postby Lupis on Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:51 pm

I have to ask...does that apply to yourself, as well?

Or do you skate by because so far you've only done short stories, and no actual RP?
Until shade is gone, until water is dust, into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the last day.

-RIP Robert Jordan
Lupis
Shifter Shaman
Shifter Shaman

Postby Sterling on Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:46 pm

Oh most certainly it does apply to me as well.
You see a Kinsmir is NOT a 'fun' thing to play. Just by their nature they're outcasts from every section of society both in the veil and out. They're hated, hunted, and (usually) killed. Their minds are strange (at best) or worse, they go completely insane over time (with only one exception, kind-of), and they're monstrous in the extreme.

As for RP, well you can't play one. Technically, neither can I, unless the Lady Myst were to direct me into a scenario. They're cannon limited, there are only 2 that exist in the entire world, and they are FAR too powerful to be placed into play. Either the rest of the PCs would be ignored, or outright killed with little to nothing they could do about it (see also what happened on the WWI Battlefield). Given that and that it takes special circumstances to even have the chance of one occuring, a chance roughly equal to you winning the lottery then getting struck by lightning (twice) followed by being struck by a meteor, sufice to say it just ain't gona happen.

Writing is somewhat different as you're not RP'ing up a new character. Fanfic has been done before (horribly, horribly done) on existing characters and that is (somewhat) fine. As for the stories here, they're done with a LOT of advice from the Lady Myst to make sure that the world and powers displayed are correct and in line with her vision. Wether or not they'd be considered cannon is up to her.
~
Sterling

"Naive wishing for peace is the surest possible way to invite an aggressor."
Sterling
Shifter Darkly
Shifter Darkly

Postby Lupis on Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:23 pm

On a side note, however, looking at your icon, I got a song stuck in my head, and now I can't get rid of it.

*sings softly* B-b-b-baby oh you ain't seen n-n-n-nothin' yet!

And now I've got Sterling karaoke in my head. Damn you, four-to-midnight work shifts, see what you do to my brain?
Until shade is gone, until water is dust, into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the last day.

-RIP Robert Jordan
Lupis
Shifter Shaman
Shifter Shaman

Previous

Return to Shifters Comic Discussion