Shifters Hall of Shame

Forum for the specific discussion of the Shifters webcomic. Ask questions, post comments, fan art/stories, and that sort of thing here.

Re: Shifters Hall of Shame

Postby Gorble on Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:33 am

Don't think I have gtalk anymore as for secondlife always a shot in the dark when I'll be on. Either way glad to hear you enjoyed them to and hopefully we can have some more in the near future.
"Why do angels always look like that?"
-Room mate
"God isn't very inventive."
-Me
Gorble
Queen of Darkness
Queen of Darkness

Postby ShadowsMyst on Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:36 pm

Boredom on a friday is always a good reason to go fishing on google. Reasonably recent (July 2010) posts too.

Found this on this website:
http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?s= ... 70&st=1080

Username: jaina
rp name:Merleawe, goes by Mel for short.
Creature: Kinsmir (a werewolf bitten by a vampire or vice versus)
History: Mel had until recently been a normal human, unaware of the fights occurring around her everyday between the mythical races. This was brought to a sudden halt however when a man she met on a bus pulled her into an alley and bit her neck, drinking her blood. Before that realization could sink in and she could be killed that way, a werewolf that seemed to have been hunting the vampire attacked. Mel was used as a shield by the vampire and suffered brutally for it with a severe mauling from the werewolf. Once tossed aside, she fled as fast as her battered, bleeding body could to get away from the howls and screeches behind her.
Side: neutral
Description: Mel is just over 5' 4" and around a hundred pounds for her weight. Her body is pleasant and fairly shapely, giving her a kind appearance. Her hair and eyes shifted dramatically after the attack though, her hair becoming the color of silver with a blue-purple sheen in the proper light. Her eyes turned a dark blue violet with a bright blue ring separating it into to two dark sections. Her skin is soft and slightly pale, but not unhealthily so.

Later on , on the next forum page, 'Jaina' has this to say about kinsmir:
((info on kinsmir
1. Kinsmir can only create other kinsmir by breeding, not by bites.
2. Kinsmir blood causes in most cases severe illness if it enters the body (sorry Mijikoi, didn't know)
3. When transformed, a Kinsmir looks like a normal werewolf, only they are roughly the size of a Ford F-250 truck and have wings made out of shadows that are quite versatile (working on a picture, but since I suck its taking a while)
4. Kinsmir have an anthro form that's basically a furry human with a tail and wolf ears
5. in all forms, kinsmir have vampire fangs))

No... that doesn't sound like Ferrah at ALL. AMIRITE??? There's even a picture!And that doesn't look at ALL like ferrah...nooo..

*twitches*
ShadowsMyst
Shifters Creator & Admin
Shifters Creator & Admin

Postby Penumbra on Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:52 pm

Is that the same jaina that registered here a few days ago or is that just a weird coincidence? ._.

The term Kinsmir was never used in Princess Resurrection. Actually, the character that got bitten is still referred to as a werewolf in that chapter, even though the vampire said she was going to turn her into a vampire or whatever. I’m assuming that whoever added it to Wikipedia was someone who either heard it from Shifters or somewhere else and severely misused it. Blah.

I went ahead and edited out Kinsmir from that article because it was bugging me. Hopefully some schmuck won't change it back.
Oh god, I'm engaged to a Douglas fir.
Penumbra
Shadow Shifter
Shadow Shifter

Postby ShadowsMyst on Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:54 am

Talking about horrible OCs on the steam last night inspired me to go looking again.

Nother example of people appropriating Kinsmir...

Kinsmir/Werepyre: only comes in existance due to birth as a hybrid, or being bitten by both a vampire and a werewolf at same time, usually in the middle of some fight. This works because when bitten by both at same time, you're neither a vampire or werewolf and they can't cancel out each other. A kinsmir is a higher form of werepyre and has red tips on their black fur when in a wolf like form, and when in a humanoid form their hair is black tipped with red.

Gaia online is a never ending source of bad OCs... but of course there's stuff like this:
Master
Gaian Name: Kaitsurinn
Name: Kaitsurinn Onata
Race: Fallen Kinsmir(Fallen/Vampire mix)
What kind of master are you: Gentle, lonley, but....she might bite....
What kind of slave you want: male traveling partner who is willing to help her look for someone
Appearance: N/A

Fallen Kinsmir? WTF? Fallen + Vampire does NOT equal a Kinsmir! WTH?
ShadowsMyst
Shifters Creator & Admin
Shifters Creator & Admin

Postby Lupis on Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:24 pm

You know, thinking about this...

On the one hand, it's kind of annoying, seeing how bad some of these are.

On the other...look how many people have read Shifters. :)
Until shade is gone, until water is dust, into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the last day.

-RIP Robert Jordan
Lupis
Shifter Shaman
Shifter Shaman

Postby Sterling on Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:01 pm

One of the things that really amazes me is how many people would actually WANT this curse.
~
Sterling

"Naive wishing for peace is the surest possible way to invite an aggressor."
Sterling
Shifter Darkly
Shifter Darkly

Postby Khroal on Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:35 am

*laughs* Seriously...

I can't remember names but I think I recall seeing a person on a server in wow rping as a vampiric worgan... One guess which server this was on. Clue is, it's a rp server made of two words.
Khroal
Shifty Novice
Shifty Novice

Postby ShadowsMyst on Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:28 pm

Oh google, you never fail to amuse. Remember, this is for OUR AMUSEMENT. not for flaming these folks.

I don't think I've seen this one before. Although it is from 2006, so that's some time ago. While the origin grates on me because once again people don't get what the kinsmir is.. the fact he used my artwork without even bothering to credit or link back is annoying.

Remember kiddies, if you absolutely must rip off a creator, please at least have the decency to credit and linkback.

This one is pretty recent from tublr, oct 2011. Talking about some kind of world building, and if you read into it, you pretty much realize that they are are pretty much muddling around the Shifters universe lore. Painfully. I *think* the post is about this character here, which I found some time ago. I find the comment about making comics about this amusing. There is already a comic about what he/she's on about! DAMNIT PEOPLE, CREDITS! The creators do see what you are doing out there!

I understand if you are a fan, but you know, spread the love! If someone happens across your post, make sure they get pointed in the right direction! Its not too much to ask, is it? I mean is it?
ShadowsMyst
Shifters Creator & Admin
Shifters Creator & Admin

Postby Suicidal Lady on Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:03 pm

Okiedokes, that last link confuses me so much. They refer to the character as FEMALE but I swear to god that werewolf is all male below the waist. Not sure if it is a translation thing from another language since she types hir instead of her, but I am just confused.
~Reach for the moon, because if you miss, at least you'll be among the stars.
If this sig looks blue to you, you are moving towards your screen to fast
*Physics humor, couldn't help myself*
Suicidal Lady
Shifting Champion
Shifting Champion

Postby ShadowsMyst on Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:05 pm

Actually "hir" and "shi" generally refers to a hermaphrodite character. So I'm guessing they are dual gendered.
ShadowsMyst
Shifters Creator & Admin
Shifters Creator & Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Shifters Comic Discussion