Your favorite Shifters moment

Forum for the specific discussion of the Shifters webcomic. Ask questions, post comments, fan art/stories, and that sort of thing here.

Your favorite Shifters moment

Postby ShadowsMyst on Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:27 pm

This is a bit of a nostalgia thread, but I want to ask everyone, what, in your opinion, were some of the best moments or scenes in Shifters: The Beast Within that have really stuck with you all these years?
ShadowsMyst
Shifters Creator & Admin
Shifters Creator & Admin

Re: Your favorite Shifters moment

Postby Lupis on Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:00 pm

Heh, I think my favorite bit came from the old, OLD days...where Ferrah is hanging onto the side of the train, and gets graffiti'd. The expression on her face there was absolutely priceless.
Until shade is gone, until water is dust, into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the last day.

-RIP Robert Jordan
Lupis
Shifter Shaman
Shifter Shaman

Postby FoxOfWar on Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:43 am

The first time Ferrah shifted, and the absolutely priceless expression of Kat's. I still think back to that whenever I draw tf of similar situations.
The Truth is out there, so better stay inside not worrying about it, yes?
When life gives you lemons, you make apple cider out of the lemons and make people wonder.
My dA account of insanity
FoxOfWar
Shadow Shifter
Shadow Shifter

Postby LittleLost on Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:22 pm

I remember the hospital scene with Vamp Squad PI! Stuck in a closet.
"I don't think they can see your badge sir."
I'm prob misquoting though...
LittleLost
Shadow Shifter
Shadow Shifter

Postby Suicidal Lady on Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:38 pm

I don't have a one particular favorite, but I have always loved those "Oh SH**" moments when people were dealing with Ferrah. I also liked when Ferrah turned the human who tried to help her. I was really excited about that, and enjoyed how he had no idea what was going on.
~Reach for the moon, because if you miss, at least you'll be among the stars.
If this sig looks blue to you, you are moving towards your screen to fast
*Physics humor, couldn't help myself*
Suicidal Lady
Shifting Champion
Shifting Champion

Postby Talexis on Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:43 pm

I wish it were possible to just say the whole thing...
From the original Shifters, my favorite scenes were...explanation of shifters and shifting, the chase scene of Vamp squad PI and Ferrah through the subway, especially the scene where the Maverick wrecks the cargo-liner and Ferrah falls through to the under-city levels, and the whole area that covers the Maverick and Sterling's fight, Ferrah's discovery of her kinsmir self, Kat's recovery and subsequent discovery of Ferrah, Ben, and Coyote's trickery...
From the Redux, my favorite part was probably Kat's shifting scene, because of the action and intensity portrayed in the shift.
Talexis
Shifting Adept
Shifting Adept

Postby Penumbra on Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:49 pm

I'm not sure I have an absolute favorite either, but two are currently standing out for me. First one is the Ferrah versus Holly bit, especially when Ferrah gets the upper hand and when she transforms. Second one is when Ferrah bit that guy who helped her after Nikki cut out her tongue. I really wanted to know what was going to happen to him and why green eyes were so important.
Oh god, I'm engaged to a Douglas fir.
Penumbra
Shadow Shifter
Shadow Shifter

Postby reallydemonic on Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:50 pm

my fav moment from the old comics is when she finally got some control of herself, it was breaking point, she got tired of accepting her fate. she started to fight for control; i thought that was awesome. i was going through something (at the time) so i can relate
reallydemonic
Shifting Adept
Shifting Adept

Postby Lunaticked on Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:15 am

Cute little vampire girl obliterates pedophiles stood out. I really liked the entire club scene in general. I think mostly because, while I'm not a huge vampire fan, it was nice to finally get a bit more insight into the vampire half of things.

Also, corsets.
Lunaticked
Shifter Darkly
Shifter Darkly

Postby Secad on Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:49 am

Goodness, I loved that werelion scene as well. It added a bit of lighthearted humor into the normally dark comic.
"Our robot doesn't have artificial intelligence, it has artificial stupidity."

-A friend describing a robot programmed in a robotics course I took.
Secad
Shifter Darkly
Shifter Darkly

Next

Return to Shifters Comic Discussion