X's top

Forum for the specific discussion of the Shifters webcomic. Ask questions, post comments, fan art/stories, and that sort of thing here.

X's top

Postby ShadowsMyst on Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:15 am

I find it extremely amusing that people are fixating on her top. The traffic I've gotten from the underboobs section of tvtropes alone is worth it, but here's the skinny on her skimpy top.

X's top is made of a material called "Smart Fabric". It is a high tech textile that can temporarily bond to the skin (or other organic surfaces). It's like its sticky without being sticky. When its bonded, it also gains a certain amount of rigidity, allowing it to hold its shape to some degree. The shape it takes is the shape its draped over/adhered to. So when X put her top on, she just had to position it, activate the shirt, and its now stuck and supportive. No matter how much she bounces, the shirt will not come loose or let any naughty bits pop out. Unlike conventional sticky stuff, it will not let go of her skin until the shirt is turned off. The rigidity of the shirt is such that it allows for some movement, but not so much that it would hurt. Much like a conventional bra, but instead of being supported from the bottom, its supported from the top.

This is a creation of fashion in the Shifters Universe. It is important to note that while fashion can be practical, often the more high end fashion is anything but. Part of her outfit is to poke fun at those who follow the tenant of fashion over practicality.

Just attempting to stir some discussion here.
ShadowsMyst
Shifters Creator & Admin
Shifters Creator & Admin

Re: X's top

Postby Sterling on Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:24 pm

And if one were to say, magically, electrically, or otherwise 'disrupt' the fabric?

Oh the practical jokes...

:D
~
Sterling

"Naive wishing for peace is the surest possible way to invite an aggressor."
Sterling
Shifter Darkly
Shifter Darkly

Postby Lupis on Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:17 am

Heh, hack the clothes with a remote activation device...suddenly hacking in the Shiftersverse became that much more fun!
Until shade is gone, until water is dust, into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the last day.

-RIP Robert Jordan
Lupis
Shifter Shaman
Shifter Shaman

Postby Gorble on Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:26 am

Assuming you can remote hack them. somehow I doubt they've got blue tooth capable built in off the rack. Either way am I the only one that thinks that in the Shifterverse bondage wear is more mainstream fashion than it was before?

Still got to use this in some random char now...hmm
"Why do angels always look like that?"
-Room mate
"God isn't very inventive."
-Me
Gorble
Queen of Darkness
Queen of Darkness

Postby Tsureai on Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:17 pm

It is quite noticeable. No denying! I just wonder how well it would work in a pair of hot pants. Which is presumably what that blue wedge is.
Que miras, cuando la luz se va?
Tsureai
Daughter of the DarkStar
Daughter of the DarkStar

Return to Shifters Comic Discussion