Page 11 of 11

Re: Random Shifters Question

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:52 pm
by Daggertooth
I just noticed that the "latest forum topics" bit on the comic page does not have anything from the forums in the RPG section. I'm curious if this is by design.

Re: Random Shifters Question

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:36 pm
by ShadowsMyst
When I was originally setting up the plugin, there wasn't much activity in the RP forums and the only threads getting play were the RP ones that regular new people can't post to anyway. the only ones I'd think would be worth seeing for the majority of people would be the OOC forums.

Do you specifically want to see particular forums show up?

Re: Random Shifters Question

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:02 pm
by Daggertooth
ShadowsMyst wrote:Do you specifically want to see particular forums show up?

Not really. I just noticed it the other day and was curious about it. Thought I'd bring it up to satisfy that curiosity...and just in case it was something that was overlooked.

Re: Random Shifters Question

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:21 pm
by artguy50
how do avatars work in your world, is it like avatar the last airbander or dnd fantasy avatars?

Re: Random Shifters Question

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:36 am
by Lupis
If you're asking the question that I think you're asking, much closer to the avatars of Dungeons and Dragons than any airbending. I don't know all of the details, but I think the only avatar who's ever appeared in either the forum or the comic was Eve. From what I can gather, Eve was basically the Dark Star in human form. Baaaad juju.

She was also an incredibly special case, however. There's not a whole lot of information out there, because frankly, it's probably a lot more interesting and effective from a storytelling perspective to have that massive threat behind the scenes than it is to have it right in front of you, spelled out.

Re: Random Shifters Question

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:04 pm
by artguy50
Lupis wrote:If you're asking the question that I think you're asking, much closer to the avatars of Dungeons and Dragons than any airbending. I don't know all of the details, but I think the only avatar who's ever appeared in either the forum or the comic was Eve. From what I can gather, Eve was basically the Dark Star in human form. Baaaad juju.

She was also an incredibly special case, however. There's not a whole lot of information out there, because frankly, it's probably a lot more interesting and effective from a storytelling perspective to have that massive threat behind the scenes than it is to have it right in front of you, spelled out.


so avatar as in the god reborn in human (or vamp) form not agint of god that gets their powers and orders straght from their god

Re: Random Shifters Question

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:47 pm
by ShadowsMyst
@ Lupis - Eve was a Sygil of the Dark Star, not the dark star herself. Big difference. Mortal forms can't generally contain the entirety of the power of a celestial being. Hell even the gods in Shifters are all divided in half.

I'm going on the literal definition of the word:

the descent of a deity to the earth in an incarnate form or some manifest shape; the incarnation of a god.


In the Shifters universe, living gods cannot manifest in the material plane. Period. There are no avatars of gods in the Shifters world. That being said, the dragons (which are not gods) can split their essence off into shards and implant them in people. People can only accommodate a tiny soul shard, and although a dragon might have many shards in the world, they only ever awaken one carrier at a time. Which pretty much ruins the person and will eventually kill them. If the person is not awakened, the shard does very little. If the person dies, the shard will find a new host.

Re: Random Shifters Question

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:06 pm
by artguy50
ShadowsMyst wrote:@ Lupis - Eve was a Sygil of the Dark Star, not the dark star herself. Big difference. Mortal forms can't generally contain the entirety of the power of a celestial being. Hell even the gods in Shifters are all divided in half.

I'm going on the literal definition of the word:

the descent of a deity to the earth in an incarnate form or some manifest shape; the incarnation of a god.


In the Shifters universe, living gods cannot manifest in the material plane. Period. There are no avatars of gods in the Shifters world. That being said, the dragons (which are not gods) can split their essence off into shards and implant them in people. People can only accommodate a tiny soul shard, and although a dragon might have many shards in the world, they only ever awaken one carrier at a time. Which pretty much ruins the person and will eventually kill them. If the person is not awakened, the shard does very little. If the person dies, the shard will find a new host.


a sygil? whats the differants between that an a avater?

Re: Random Shifters Question

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:10 pm
by artguy50
was your comic inspired at all by shadowrun

Re: Random Shifters Question

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:52 pm
by Talexis
http://shifters.comicgenesis.com/comichistory.html

"It is in fact based on Cyberpunk 2020's Alternate Reality Sourcebook:Night's Edge."

This may have been stated earlier, but there's a game based off of Cyberpunk 2020 currently in development. Just an interesting tidbit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWOEFkauoYY