Random Shifters Question

Forum for the specific discussion of the Shifters webcomic. Ask questions, post comments, fan art/stories, and that sort of thing here.

Re: Random Shifters Question

Postby artguy50 on Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:38 pm

are dragons in shifters avaters than to the gods or what?
"There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance."--Socrates

The purpose of morality is to teach you, not to suffer and die, but to enjoy yourself and live.--ayn rand
artguy50
Shifter Elite
Shifter Elite

Postby artguy50 on Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:30 pm

whats min. wage in the Shade City?

The purpose of morality is to teach you, not to suffer and die, but to enjoy yourself and live.--ayn rand
artguy50
Shifter Elite
Shifter Elite

Postby Jae87 on Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:06 pm

artguy50 wrote:are dragons in shifters avaters than to the gods or what?

Which dragons? I believe Dragons were gods in a way, but I can't remember specifics. Not Dream-Gods, but real gods. I could be wrong; it's been a while since I've read that part of the old Shifters story.

artguy50 wrote:whats min. wage in the Shade City?

Lol, umm.. Same as in Canada!
--Jae

First, click this link to give me Shifter-Coins.

Then, feel free to read the first two chapters of my book, Blood Moon: The Blue Vampire, by clicking here.
You can also visit the grave of my old webcomic, Linnyanie, or the wasteland of my DeviantArt page.
Jae87
Shifting Adept
Shifting Adept

Postby artguy50 on Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:20 pm

and whats canada's min. wage in US dollers

artguy50
Shifter Elite
Shifter Elite

Postby Koreth on Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:15 am

artguy50 wrote:and whats canada's min. wage in US dollers

Using Wikipedia and Google, it looks like the average minimum wage in Canada is $10.00/hr. That's Canadian dollars of course. Per Google, the exchange rate between the US and Canada is damn near equal presently (USD/CAD = 1.01237). So right now, that's $10.12 in US dollars.
Koreth
Shifting Adept
Shifting Adept

Postby Lupis on Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:34 am

Seriously, though. The currency system is entirely different between Shifters and the current monetary systems in both the United States and Canuckistan. The dollar is defunct, corporations are in control more than the government, and the economy is based off of the "credit," instead. Additionally, paper money and coinage are obsolete, the credits essentially being used as if off of a modern debit/credit card. The closest thing to cash in Shifters are pre-loaded credit chits, which are relatively untraceable and generally only used by those who have something to hide.

The upshot of all of this is that it's just about impossible to speculate on what minimum wage in Shade City would be, without getting it from ShadowsMyst herself. Figure, though, that it's going to wind up having essentially the same end effect as working a minimum wage job in the real world: you make just about f**kall and can't buy s**t.
Until shade is gone, until water is dust, into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the last day.

-RIP Robert Jordan
Lupis
Shifter Shaman
Shifter Shaman

Postby Jae87 on Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:42 am

Lupis wrote:[Insert long quote about credit and asking SM]

(I hate spamming long quotes that're right above me, lol)

Yeah, honestly it's all up to SM, but I assume it's a basic equivalent to Canadian minimum wage because that's where she lives. You work hard at a crappy job, but you're still broke. Ferrah was still able to afford that dermatech nerowatch though, and she tells Alice it was with "her money". Either cyberware is cheap or Ferrah makes more than minimum wage.
--Jae

First, click this link to give me Shifter-Coins.

Then, feel free to read the first two chapters of my book, Blood Moon: The Blue Vampire, by clicking here.
You can also visit the grave of my old webcomic, Linnyanie, or the wasteland of my DeviantArt page.
Jae87
Shifting Adept
Shifting Adept

Postby Gorble on Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:19 am

Now an interesting thought would be that minimum wage varies between the two levels of the city and that they reflect the average quality of living differences. Undercity is the dirt poor with many truly scraping by while Uppercity the 'poor' still live relatively good lives, etc.

That might be a more pertinent question to ask and consider than a numerical value that has little standing when even the price of say a hotdog or can of pop isn't even known in Shifters.

Also the type of cyberware defines how 'cheap' it is. The derma watch would be like buying that expensive brand of clothing, etc. It sets you back and there are simpler and cheaper alternatives.

I believe at one point SM mentioned that a lot of the more 'mundane' cyberware would actually be available in mall stores. They are a pretty simple straightforward operation much like say a tattoo artist giving you a tattoo doesn't require a medical degree of any kind I believe. I think at one point it was mentioned that most cyberoptics were achieved via implanted lenses that could be installed at mall stores vs. full mechanical eye that requires carving up your face, etc.
"Why do angels always look like that?"
-Room mate
"God isn't very inventive."
-Me
Gorble
Queen of Darkness
Queen of Darkness

Postby Gorble on Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:32 am

artguy50 wrote:are dragons in shifters avaters than to the gods or what?

Dragons are dragons in Shifters, they aren't avatars of the gods. The running of the material world and general travel to and from 'heaven', 'hell' and the prime material plane falls to the dragons. They run errands for either side as well as perform other duties. The dragons of order tend to be creators, designers, architects, artists, messengers, schedulers, and overseers. If it must be quantified they're the rank just below gods, though this can be a bit of like comparing apples and oranges. Dragons are in charge of of the elemental building blocks of the material world. They make things as we would know them exist.

A more in depth statement of the cosmology has already been posted in the Universe forum (in the RP section) that directly states the roles of various entities.
"Why do angels always look like that?"
-Room mate
"God isn't very inventive."
-Me
Gorble
Queen of Darkness
Queen of Darkness

Postby artguy50 on Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:49 am

if a vamp or a shifter or (anyone in the vail races) want superhero vigilant and/or monster hunter, how dead are they? and what the rules with dealing with human who know about the vail in some way or another, is it case by case or the old "have them turned or killed" tretmant

artguy50
Shifter Elite
Shifter Elite

PreviousNext

Return to Shifters Comic Discussion