Drowtales

Forum for the specific discussion of the Shifters webcomic. Ask questions, post comments, fan art/stories, and that sort of thing here.

Re: Drowtales

Postby ShadowsMyst on Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:26 pm

Negative. I am Canadian eh.
ShadowsMyst
Shifters Creator & Admin
Shifters Creator & Admin

Postby Bubbanator505 on Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:49 pm

Lol it must be freezing up there.
Bubbanator505
Shifting Adept
Shifting Adept

Postby ShadowsMyst on Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:09 pm

It was! but not right now. I live near Vancouver. Its not usually that cold. Wet. But not that cold. The rest of Canada mocks us because when we get a little snow, everything goes to hell we get it so rarely.
ShadowsMyst
Shifters Creator & Admin
Shifters Creator & Admin

Postby Bubbanator505 on Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:15 pm

I live in Walla Walla Washington. About 5 hours away from Seattle.
Bubbanator505
Shifting Adept
Shifting Adept

Postby Suicidal Lady on Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:58 pm

ShadowsMyst wrote:It was! but not right now. I live near Vancouver. Its not usually that cold. Wet. But not that cold. The rest of Canada mocks us because when we get a little snow, everything goes to hell we get it so rarely.

Bubba, you live in Walla Walla!? COOL! I have always loved Pemco insurances add that references Walla Walla <3. Ever been to Mukilteo?

Anyways, I know what you mean. Seattle gets some snow, everything shuts down, and all the east coast people are like "You guys are babies!" But east coasters have never slide down over a miles worth of black iced roads that curve sharply at a cliffside next to the ocean, or gotten trapped down a steep hillside for over a week because there is only on road out of a neighborhood and it has the steepest hill completely iced. Yay, whose the baby now, you fluffy snowed east coast snobs! ... Ya bad childhood memories.

Also, when it gets bellow freezing here in Tucson people make fun off us, but last year it was 12 degrees and lower for an entire WEEK! When that happens, things start dying here. Like... entire mountainsides of cacti just said goodbye to this life and died. It was sad. Also, no one insulates their pipes here, so all the pipes burst on campus. Was kinda funny to see water shooting out the third story of the chem building, and to see the entire basement of the student union turned into a swimming pool.
~Reach for the moon, because if you miss, at least you'll be among the stars.
If this sig looks blue to you, you are moving towards your screen to fast
*Physics humor, couldn't help myself*
Suicidal Lady
Shifting Champion
Shifting Champion

Postby Bubbanator505 on Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:00 pm

Suicidal Lady wrote:
ShadowsMyst wrote:It was! but not right now. I live near Vancouver. Its not usually that cold. Wet. But not that cold. The rest of Canada mocks us because when we get a little snow, everything goes to hell we get it so rarely.

Bubba, you live in Walla Walla!? COOL! I have always loved Pemco insurances add that references Walla Walla <3. Ever been to Mukilteo?

Anyways, I know what you mean. Seattle gets some snow, everything shuts down, and all the east coast people are like "You guys are babies!" But east coasters have never slide down over a miles worth of black iced roads that curve sharply at a cliffside next to the ocean, or gotten trapped down a steep hillside for over a week because there is only on road out of a neighborhood and it has the steepest hill completely iced. Yay, whose the baby now, you fluffy snowed east coast snobs! ... Ya bad childhood memories.

Also, when it gets bellow freezing here in Tucson people make fun off us, but last year it was 12 degrees and lower for an entire WEEK! When that happens, things start dying here. Like... entire mountainsides of cacti just said goodbye to this life and died. It was sad. Also, no one insulates their pipes here, so all the pipes burst on campus. Was kinda funny to see water shooting out the third story of the chem building, and to see the entire basement of the student union turned into a swimming pool.

OMG Tucon?! I have family there! We should meet up one day and chill oout or something!
Bubbanator505
Shifting Adept
Shifting Adept

Postby Suicidal Lady on Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:08 pm

Haha, seriously? Sweet! If you are ever in the area just tell me and we should meet up. I may end up staying here for the summer as well, so I'd need someone to hang with!
~Reach for the moon, because if you miss, at least you'll be among the stars.
If this sig looks blue to you, you are moving towards your screen to fast
*Physics humor, couldn't help myself*
Suicidal Lady
Shifting Champion
Shifting Champion

Postby Bubbanator505 on Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:45 pm

Hell yeah!
Bubbanator505
Shifting Adept
Shifting Adept

Postby BH5432 on Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:12 am

Ya I'm also a Canadian. Ontario my self.

Also on the topic of lotteries. They are all taxed. But the tax is already taken off. so the number you see is the number you get. the taxes were already paid. Now.. its another story entirely on the intrest you earn on said money
BH5432
Shifty Novice
Shifty Novice

Postby Anthius on Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:08 am

*Looks outside at all the snow and Mocks SM* >.>

I'm in Alberta, weather over here seems to be schizophrenic had -40 weather one week to hovering around 0 the next.

-40 weather is not fun, weather where you can take a pot of boiling water toss it in the air and it's snow before it hits the ground. And most of us still go to work on days like that. I think I may be a -little- bit nuts.

Oh, also over here blizzards don't really mean much, last blizzard I still go to work, get there to find out maybe two people called in. Though spending the extra time digging my car out of my parking lot can be annoying.

Though I can see why it would cause huge problems where people don't get a lot of snow, since most wouldn't have winter or all season tires.
And then the Archangel Anthius spoke to them saying, “Fear shall be vanquished by the Sword of Faith.”
Anthius
Shifting Adept
Shifting Adept

PreviousNext

Return to Shifters Comic Discussion