A Shoutbox

Got a suggestion for the site? For the forums? A feature not working the way it should? Well here's where you report it and it will get looked at.

A Shoutbox

Postby Sato_Arashi on Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:04 am

I was thinking that we can add something like this because we can talk to each other instantly
Sato_Arashi
Shifty Novice
Shifty Novice

Re: A Shoutbox

Postby Martenzo on Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:48 pm

Well... maybe someone could set up an IRC channel instead/also. It's easier than it's made up to be. Although, managing the operators and such can be a pain.
Martenzo
Shifting Adept
Shifting Adept

Postby Lupis on Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:09 pm

I know we used to have an IRC channel. I don't know how many people still use it, and I haven't checked it in a while. Gorble, Tsu, is that still around?
Until shade is gone, until water is dust, into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the last day.

-RIP Robert Jordan
Lupis
Shifter Shaman
Shifter Shaman

Postby Gorble on Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:53 pm

Probably Agape may still be haunting it as the silent stone guard. Sadly I drifted over into google to occasionally chat with SM, though as of late I never tend to be on.
"Why do angels always look like that?"
-Room mate
"God isn't very inventive."
-Me
Gorble
Queen of Darkness
Queen of Darkness

Postby Martenzo on Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:56 am

ookay, so where is the IRC channel (Server and channel name please). I'm online pretty much all of the time (because booting my computer is a pain in the *** and thus I have no reason to turn it off)
Martenzo
Shifting Adept
Shifting Adept

Postby ShadowsMyst on Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:06 am

The irc channel was on sorcery.net. I think it was #shifters or #shiftersonline or something like that. However, you will be very lonely there, as no one goes there anymore. I'm not sure how a shoutbox in this sort of way would be beneficial, considering the whole reason for having a forum is so that we don't have to be on at the same time, which is sort of necessary with chatting. If yer just leaving a message in the shoutbox, why can't you leave a message in the forums?
ShadowsMyst
Shifters Creator & Admin
Shifters Creator & Admin

Postby Martenzo on Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:47 am

I don't mind being lonely. I have plenty of other channels I'm in...Half of them as empty as the shifters channel. (Mostly they're channels used for playing RPGs through IRC)

Edit: Ok, just went there... apparently, the server has erased the channel (Probably due to inactivity. Most servers do that automatically)
Martenzo
Shifting Adept
Shifting Adept

Return to The Gearbox