is the any stat change to SPD?

Out of Character discussion forums. Post questions here.

is the any stat change to SPD?

Postby artguy50 on Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:16 pm

yes im ask about split personalty disorder and if there is of change of stat change when there a shift in personalty or just act in a differant way than your character would act?
"There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance."--Socrates

The purpose of morality is to teach you, not to suffer and die, but to enjoy yourself and live.--ayn rand
artguy50
Shifter Elite
Shifter Elite

Re: is the any stat change to SPD?

Postby Gorble on Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:07 am

Obviously the physical stats don't change unless there's some sort of mental limit in the personality. So that leaves the more mental stats and the question of what do they know? what are they like? Another personality might be more charismatic than another or perhaps the persona is supposed to have dropped out of college or never graduated high school and thus doesn't access the character's full book learning.

Truthfully it depends how much of a deviation in persona from the baseline and that persona's believed background.
"Why do angels always look like that?"
-Room mate
"God isn't very inventive."
-Me
Gorble
Queen of Darkness
Queen of Darkness

Postby artguy50 on Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:47 pm

and what if one of the personaltys knows its a fake or knows about the other one like Tyler Durden (Pitt) from fight club?

The purpose of morality is to teach you, not to suffer and die, but to enjoy yourself and live.--ayn rand
artguy50
Shifter Elite
Shifter Elite

Postby Gorble on Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:17 pm

In quite a few cases one or more of the alternate persona's are aware they aren't the original one. How does this affect a stat? Not at all, why would it? Does knowing one is insane make them less insane? No.

In the case of Tyler I'd say the only stat change was pretty much charisma. Maybe he had access to a different set of special skills, but those aren't stat related. They were both of the same intelligence. Sure he knew some facts that Norton didn't but that was more a factor of what he spent his time doing. So yeah little reason for different stats. Whether or not the alternate persona is aware that it's a secondary or is always 'aware' of things and has access to the primary persona's memories doesn't change much at all.
"Why do angels always look like that?"
-Room mate
"God isn't very inventive."
-Me
Gorble
Queen of Darkness
Queen of Darkness

Postby artguy50 on Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:53 pm

ok thank you

artguy50
Shifter Elite
Shifter Elite

Return to OOC Discussion