Joshua Blackwell

Post your character ideas here for a detailed critique and help getting them in line to be accepted to the RP.

Joshua Blackwell

Postby Blackwell on Wed May 30, 2012 8:25 pm

Name: Joshua Blackwell
Sex: Male
Race: Human
Physical Description:
Mental Description:

- Basic Stats -
Intelligence: 4
Mentally Stable: 4
Strength: 3
Agility: 3
Speed: 4
Appearance: 3
Charisma: 3
Spiritual: 4
Taint: 4

Elemental affinity: Earth

Special Skills of note:
Locksmithing: This includes lockpicking, safe cracking, and installing, changing, and maintaining locks.
Long distance runner: Can run long distances without tiring out easily.

Special Racial Abilities: None

Talent:
Absolute Direction: Joshua always knows 'where' he is going in terms of the cardinal directions. He knows, without a compass, if he is going north, south, east, west or anywhere in between. He rarely gets lost as a result.

Allergies/Banes : None

Insanities: None

Turn Ons: A job done right, energy drinks, Music – pretty much anything with a good groove and/or unique instruments, cool weather,

Turn Offs: Having to redo a job, bad weather, swearing

Waking World Reputation: Josh has tried to stay out of trouble and maintains a professional and friendly relationship with his customers. When things turn ugly he tries to get out of it with as little violence as possible so he doesn’t have any real enemies in the Undercity.

Veil Reputation: None

Veil Teacher: None

Personal Quote/motto: Well your as sharp as a bag of door knobs aren’t you?

Favored Prey: None

Personal Style: ( this is related to clothing and general image wanted to portray )

Cybernetic/bioaugmentation: None

Equipment carried:
Lockpick set, Bioaugmentation lock resetter, Cordless drill with drill bits and cutting disk attachment, Smart phone with built in MP3 player, 9MM pistol, Business cards, and a few other common tools used in locksmithing.

Character History:
- Character childhood
- Family relations if any
Father: Roger Blackwell
Mother: Jessica Blackwell
Older half-sister: Dolores Blackwell
Younger Adopted Sister: Shannon Blackwell

- Life events of note ( deaths, births, life changing events. This can be added to)
- Special people in their life
- Goals and Aspirations

Feelings on:
Oldgen Vampires – Horror isn’t usually my thing, but sure I’m up for a movie tonight.
NewGen Vampires – A more recent film? I’m game.
Shifters – I see shifty people all the time down here.
Espi – A what?
Humans – We messed the world up pretty bad, what do we need monsters for?
Veil Humans ( Mages/Escari/Psion) – You just asked me about humans.

Friends: Jerry & Penny Schmitt – Husband and Wife team working in the repo business. Good money for the work if a bit dangerous. They only need Josh on the real tuff locks or if they want a 3rd person around. If they get someone in trouble they will get them back out.

Alliances: None

Enemies: None

Experience Earned: 0
Blackwell
Shifty Novice
Shifty Novice

Re: Joshua Blackwell

Postby Blackwell on Wed May 30, 2012 8:28 pm

Any and all comments welcome! I'm posting to see what people think of the character class. I'll work on more details tomorrow.
Blackwell
Shifty Novice
Shifty Novice

Postby Anthius on Thu May 31, 2012 12:29 am

Looks good so far, it's hard to comment without a background or anything like that though as a lot of what we look for is if everything in his story fits. Things like reasons for his long distance runner skill. Does he run regularly to maintain that? Just as an example.

Once you have more there we'll be able to pick it apart a bit more.
And then the Archangel Anthius spoke to them saying, “Fear shall be vanquished by the Sword of Faith.”
Anthius
Shifter Elite
Shifter Elite

Postby Gorble on Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:15 am

To slim to really pick at, though I am curious in his equipment what a " Bioaugmentation lock resetter" is supposed to be? Is it one meant to deal with locks based soley on biometrics (retinal scans, dna, etc.) if so how does it do that? Wouldn't fiddling with the electronics be simpler? Is this meant to legally do so? If so wouldn't that mean more about changing the electronic database of the corp? Unless of course this is a one off lock.

Locksmith- works, Lockrunner- is this supposed to be a less than legit locksmith?
"Why do angels always look like that?"
-Room mate
"God isn't very inventive."
-Me
Gorble
Queen of Darkness
Queen of Darkness

Return to Character Workshop